Chapter 7

Jay was suited and booted, ready for Daron to pick him up for the wedding. As he was fixing up his hair, there was a knock at the door. He rushed as he yelled "Coming!"

Once he finished, he sped over to the door and opened it up only to find Siva. Siva looked him up and down with a smirk. "You look fancy," he stated.

"Is there a reason you keep randomly stopping by?" Jay asked, irritated by the sight of him.

"As always, I came here to try and work things out."

"Well, your persistence is driving me nuts."

"It's all I can manage to do."

"Do you honestly think it's getting you anywhere?"

"Further than remaining silent and ignoring you."

Jay bit his tongue, knowing it was true. "I'm going to leave any minute now. I've got a date picking me up," he said, trying to get Siva jealous.

"Is it the guy I met the night I sat out in front of your door."

"Yes. His name is Daron."

"Right. Where are you guys going?"

"Why do you care?"

"I'm just curious."

"We're attending a wedding, if you must know."

"Is it his families?"

"Yeah."

"Well aren't you guys moving fast," Siva said surprised. "He's already making his family meet you?"

"You don't even know when we met. At least he likes me enough to tell the world and the people he loves."

"That response would hurt me if I didn't have a girlfriend that I've been dating for six years."

"Siva," Jay breathed as he shut his eyes to relax. "You're only making things worse. Please leave."

"Not until you say you forgive me."

"Noway." His eyes reopened. "I don't think there's a chance that I ever will."

"Come on, Jay!" Siva pleaded. "I'll do anything to get back in your good graces."

"If you want to get back in my good graces, tell Nareesha what you've done. Show her who you really are before you can become the biggest mistake of her life. She deserves the truth."

"I can't do that. She'd never forgive me, no matter how many times I'd beg for her forgiveness."

"Who knows, your persistence might work on her," he replied sarcastically.

Jay's phone buzzed in the front pocket of his pants. He pulled it out and read his notification. "Oh, Daron is on his way. You should go now." He slipped the phone back into his pocket.

"Jay, please give me a chance. I know we can make this work."

"And I honestly don't think we can.

Do you not understand how you hurt me? Not only did you break the frail little heart I had, but you played me and used me for your own benefit. You say you're sorry, but that doesn't change what happened. That doesn't make me feel any better. It doesn't change the way I see you right now."

"Jay," Siva fought to say as his eyes became clouded with tears. He felt so disgusted with himself. He hadn't realized how much he hurt Jay. Now that he did, he knew there was nothing he could possibly do to fix his mess. His chances were extremely slim.

"Don't start tearing up." Jay looked away.

Siva dropped his head into his hands, ashamed of himself for crying.