One

Jerk

 I swear I never meant to fall for him, it just happened. Like an unexpected rainstorm. It started out with a little drizzle, then suddenly it was a thunderstorm. I was walking back to the bunker from walking around watching the snowflakes fall, when I saw Sam laying in the snow. 

    "Sammy, what are you doing?" I asked, he didn't even look at me. He just kept gazing at the stars above. 

     "I'm looking at the stars." He replied, as if it where something he did every day. I nodded, shoving my hands in my pockets and gulping down the lump in my throat.

    "Well I'll just leave you be." I said, wanting to head to my room and drown myself in whiskey. I turned towards the bunker door. 

   "Dean." Sam said, and I turned around to look at him. He did look rather stunning with snow dusting his hair. 

    "Come here." He said,  I raised an eyebrow.

    "Umm, why?" I asked, confused. 

    "It's cold, I don't want to be out here alone." He replied, propping himself up on his elbow. He pushed his hair off of his face and looked straight into my eyes. He looked amazing, I didn't understand how he did it. His lips pulled into a light, small smile.

    "Then come inside." I replied, but I took a small glance at the stars and knew I wanted to be outside to look at them. 

    "No, I want you to see the stars." Sam insisted.

     I sighed, my mind fought against itself in against effort to control myself. "Fine." I said, walking over and plopping down next to him. He looked at me and placed his hand on my chest and pushed me down so I was laying in the snow, he pointed up at the sky. 

   "See?" He asked, looking up at the sky with a small smile on his lips. I glanced at the stars and then at him. He almost glowed in the starlight.

    "Yeah, yeah I do. It's beautiful." I replied, not taking my eyes off his face. His eyes darted around, trying to take everything in. 

   "Isn't it?" He asked, sighing and smiling. I smiled too, tracing his face with my eyes. Sam shivered. I furrowed my brow. 

   "Here." I said, taking my jacket off and offering it to him. He looked at me, then the jacket. He pushed it back towards me. 

   "You don't need to do that, Dean." He insisted, so I threw it at him. "Yes I do, you're cold. I'll be fine. I just did a hell of a lot of running." I replied. Sam clenched his jaw before taking the jacket, he tilted his head at me. 

   "Fine." He said, and I nodded. I laid back down on the snow, placing my hands behind my head. Sam sighed,  I glanced at him and bit my lip to keep from smiling at the sight of him in my jacket. Then he looked at me. 

   "Why are you staring at me?" He asked, and I squeezed my eyes shut and looked away, probably looking as red as a tomato. 

     "Sorry." I muttered, looking back up at the stars. Wow, I'm hopeless. Sam raised an eyebrow. 

   "Okayyy." He commented, before looking back up at the stars. I mentally slapped myself, before thinking get a hold of yourself, Dean. I looked back at him, his smile, his jaw, his eyes shining from the starlight. I really was hopeless. I looked back at the sky, watching as an airplane flew by. 

   "Can you imagine that, being surrounded by the stars?" Sam whispered, a hope I hadn't heard in a long time hidden in his voice.

   "No I couldn't, I don't imagine things like that because I'll probably be dead before it could happen." I reply, telling the truth.