Seven

Bitch

It was strange. I could see everything, I could see Sam holding my broken body in his hands, I could see the trees and the breeze and the beautiful stars.

But I was sure I had seen it before, a sort of déjà vu.

It was thrilling, but heart wrenching and painful at the same time.

"Dean? Oh my god. Oh my god no." It was Sam, but his voice sounded strange. It sounded like he was speaking to me while I was underwater. It jumped and shook.

As though it were a memory, I could feel his tears on my face. I raised a hand to touch the tears and wipe them away, but they weren't there.

"Dean!" Sam shook my body. Deep sobs strangled his speech.

"Come on!" He cried. "Oh god." His head dropped and he laid his head against my chest. He laid like that for a while, breathing in and out. And then he sat up again. He looked down at my face.

"I'm so sorry, Dean. I let you down again."

I felt in that moment as if someone had ripped my heart out of my chest, cut it in half, and thrown it down 60 flights of stairs.

"You didn't let me down!" I screamed at him, even though I knew he couldn't hear me.

I got down on my knees and tried to touch him. I shivered as my hand went right through his chest.

"Sammy please, look at me. I love you. You didn't let me down." I whispered at him. He looked up at the starts and laughed.

"Look, Dean. I guess someone will die surrounded by the stars."

"Sam, you have to look at me."

Sam didn't look away from the sky, he kept his eyes up and let the tears run down his cheeks.

I heard something behind me, and I knew the reaper was here. "It's time to go, Dean." He said.

Sam must have heard it too, he looked where the sound was, directly at me. His eyes were red and puffy, and I felt a horrible guilt for making his brilliant eyes look so sad.

"Sam, can you see me?" I whispered, reaching out to him once again.

I turned my head and looked at the reaper.

"Please, let me go back to him." The reaper didn't move. He just stared at me, his eyes sunken and pitiful.

"He needs me."

The reaper let out a shaky sigh. "Fine." He said, sounding bored, "but this is the last time, Dean."

Suddenly I was back in my own body. I could feel the horrible pain again, but it didn't matter.

I opened my eyes and looked up at Sam.

"Dean!" He gasped. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into a kiss. I melted into it, I forgot how good he was at kissing.

But eventually I felt the oxygen deprivation getting to me and I had to pull away.

"I'm back, Sammy." I said with a grin.

"Thank God you're okay." Sam said, still looking shocked.

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged. Now he looked annoyed.

"Really, Dean?" He groaned.

"Yes."

"If I weren't so happy right now I would slap you." He said with a glare. He didn't look so happy to me.