They grow up so fast

Maria
"So did you get anything out of that math class today?" I asked my crush as he walked me home. I held my books close to my chest.
"Honestly no that some other language or something." We both laughed as we both on my street. "So you uh have a date to the dance coming up."
My heart started racing so fast. My palms got sweaty. "I um I havn't been asked yet so I um didn't really plan on g-going."
"Oh well um if I asked you......would you say yes?" He looked over at me as we stopped in front of my house.
"Oh." I smiled putting a piece of hair behind my ear. "I um of say-"
"Maria!" We both jump at my dad's voice. "Get in this house!"
"Dad really!?"
"I said get in this house!"
I look back at my crush and pout. "It's ok I'll see you at school tomorrow." And walked away.
I look back at my dad and frown. "Why did you do that?" I asked once I was in the house.
"You need to watch that tone little girl." He walks right pass me drinking a beer.
"I don't have a tone but I do have a problem with you scaring off my friends." I ran and stood in front of him.
This isn't the first time he's done this. Even with the guys I don't like and are actually just walking me home. He always scared them off before even meeting them.
"I was doing my job as your father. All these little boys want one thing and they not gonna get it from my child."
"Not all boys are like the boy you were back in your younger days." I roll my eyes walking away.
"Watch that." He pointed.
"Whatever I'm going to do my homework." I swear he is the most over protective dad ever.
Chris
Daughters.......how do you deal. I'm just trying to protect her. She might not understand now but she will one day.
I had just finished making dinner. Just to get on her good side I made chicken and shrimp Alfredo. I made our plates then set out our drinks before calling her. I called two more times before getting fed up and going up to her room. As I reached her door I hear her on the phone.
"So uh about what I asked you earlier?" A boy voice said.
I peaked in seeing her on face time. "Oh right about the dance?"
"Yeah if your dad has a problem with it that's cool to I mean I don't wanna get on his bad side." Smart boy.
"Oh please that's the only side he has. He's just so over protective. I'm sixteen not six."
"Well I'm sure there's a reason he's so protective of you."
"Yeah....my mom. She was killed my some idiot who thought she was someone else."
"Oh wow I'm sorry about that. But you see now why he acts the way he does. He doesn't wanna lose you like he did her. I'm sure your mother was beautiful I mean look at you.....your gorgeous." Ha he's a smooth one. I can see her red face glowing from here.
"I guess your right in a way but he still needs to understand I'm growing up and I'm going to need more freedom and trust from him."
Maria
"Maria uh dinner is ready." Dad said after knocking.
I nodded and told my crush I would talk to him at school.
I walk down to the kitchen seeing dad eating at the table. He even made my favorite. I smiled smelling it feeling my mouth water. I pick up my fork diving in. I closed my eyes....just like mom use to make.
"So uh dad I was wondering if I can go to the dance coming up."
"Yeah sure just be home by eleven." He said still eating.
"Wait really!?"
"Yeah and I'm sorry about earlier I'm just not ready for my babygirl to grow up just yet. I know your gonna start needing more freedom or whatever and I'm willing to do that you just gotta bare with me."
"Yes that's fine oh thank you daddy." I ran over hugging him almost knocking us both over.
"Ha your welcome. Now how much are you gonna need for this dance."
"Oh well talk about that another time but first I want you to meet the boy that asked me."
"Oh great.....can't wait." I laughed at him rolling his eyes.