My Dead Boyfriend Jumped Through My Window. Wait, what?

(Okay, if I don't get any feedback I am officially gonna stop writing and posting this story on here. !! )Comment. Vote. Enjoy. :)

[[Don't be harsh, this is the first book-type thing I've ever tried to write, so, yeah:/]]

***

CHAPTER ONE

"What the hell is WRONG with him?" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Okay, I realized pretty quickly that yelling like that in the middle of a hospital waiting room was probably not the smartest (or politest) thing to do. But if you were in my place you'd understand. I was so scared, I didn't know what to think. He was just a kid, not even an adult. My age. He didn't deserve to die. I KNEW something had to be done about this, but there was just one problem. I didn't know WHAT. I didn't know what they were doing to him now, what they were saying to him, if they were lying to him just like my mom was lying to me right now. Lying and saying that everything was going to be all right and it will be all worked out in a few. I'd forget this. Move on. Blah blah blah. I wasn't even listening. No point in doing so.

No point, because I already knew the truth. He was probably going to die, and I would NEVER be able to forget this. I wouldn't be able to move on, I'd probably never get a boyfriend again, and I'd spend my 70th birthday all alone with my twenty cats. Maybe a little exaggeration, because I'm allergic to cats, but it probably wouldn't matter anyways.

Then I heard some of what Mom was saying to me, just barely, though. "It's okay, darlin', Kailynn, it's all gonna be all right. Just you wait. The doctors are gonna come out and tell you it's all right and he's all right and everything's all right." Yeah, right mom. Way to get someone's hopes up. I didn't even think she believed that. Hell, I knew she didn't believe that because I she WAS lying. Because when she lies she was won't look me in the eyes. And at the moment she was looking down at the floor, so her fake-blond hair would cover her eyes (that hade fake blue contacts in them, by the way, unlike me because I like my light brown eyes), so I couldn't see the lie in them. But I could hear it in her voice.

NO, I'M NOT! I'M NOT EVER GOING TO BE ALL RIGHT, NOT WITHOUT ETHAN! I wanted to scream at her, but what was the use? She wasn't going to listen. She just wanted to make everything better, help me. But she couldn't. Nothing could help me now, unless some miraculous thing happened and Ethan would come walking out of the emergency room and tell me that he's not going to die. I knew that wouldn't happen, so I didn't torture myself in hoping.

"Okay, Mom. I have to go to the bathroom," I lied. I didn't want to sit here in the waiting room with my parents anymore. I couldn't stand being with people right now. I really couldn't stand anything anymore. I wiped my eyes and tried to look semi-normal while I walked to the bathroom.

When I got to the bathroom I checked in all the stalls, making sure no one was in there with me. I didn't need some one who is in this hospital for a reason that I probably don't want to know listening to me crying like a baby and babbling to myself.

I looked around me. Ugh. I hate hospitals, everything all super-clean and white and empty. Why do they make them like this, is it supposed to make people feel better or something? Because it sure didn't make me feel any better, it made me feel small and insignificant. I don't know why, but being surrounded by whiteness makes anything that's not white seem very small. I looked down at myself and just now noticed that my dark purple tee-shirt was wet. Just then I realized how HARD I was crying back there. Jeez, now all the memories came rushing back to me.

WHY? Why did Ethan have to be walking in the middle of the road at night? Stupid boy, he knew there was a sidewalk. Why didn't he see that car coming? Why didn't the car freaking see him and stop? Why didn't the ambulance get there earlier? Why? Why? Why? I don't know why I was asking myself these questions, because I honestly didn't know the answers. The guy/girl driving the car was probably drunk, but what did I know? I guess it was asking myself these questions because I had nothing else to think about, and I couldn't think about what he'd said to me just before leaving for his house tonight. I couldn't. I wouldn't. Not now, not here. Not while all this was happening, not when I didn't know what was happening to Ethan in the other room. But I couldn't stop myself. I couldn't keep the thoughts from flooding into my mind.