[10] My Dead Boyfriend Jumped Through My Window. Wait, what?

~CHAPTER TEN~

"Kailynn!? Are you even listening?"

"No ... Wait, yes. I mean yes. I was listening." I looked up at Haley.

"Then what did I just say?"

"You asked me if I was listening."

"Before that."

"Uhhh ... Um .... Okay, fine! I wasn't listening. But I really need to go."

"But you have to listen to the story!"

"Um .... okay." I really didn't want to listen but I didn't want her to get mad at me.

"So ... Like after soccer practice Caleb came up to me and we started talking and right when his friends' mom yelled for him that he had to go, he looked into my eyes and asked if I would be his girlfriend. I mean, I've liked Caleb ever since I've been on the team, which is a long time, but I never really thought he liked me and I was too nervous to even say anything about it before. And when he asked me I wondered how could he like me because we've been friends and all but he just never really showed interest in me at all. I mean, like seriously, Kailynn, did you ever even think that he liked me? Like, at all?"

Grr, she's really making this two minute story into a twenty minute one.

"Uh ... Kind of. I always caught him staring at you and then that one time he was staring at you when he was being the goalie and the ball hit him in the nuts."

Haley cracked up. "Ohhh, yeah! I remember that. But he was staring at me?"

I nodded.

"Ahahaha! Well, then I just looked at him for a few seconds and then I said yes and he smiled and then walked away and then texted me. The text said ... " -- She took out her phone to check-- "It said 'I'm really glad you said yes.' I started giggling and my mom looked at me like I was crazy. It was funny."

"Yeah, that's awesome and all, I'm really happy for you guys...," Austie said.

"But we need to go," me and Austie said at the exact same time and we giggled a little bit.

"Where you going, anyways?"

"Umm, we have to meet up with some friends because of ...." Austie apparently didn't know what to say.

I said the first thing that came to mind. "Because Austie's dad came back and we need to talk about it." I probably shouldn't of said that. Austie probably wanted to keep that a secret for a while.

Austie stared at me. "Really?" she mouthed.

"Sorry!" I mouthed back.

We started walked away. "Your dad?!"

Oh jeez. "We REALLY have to go!"

"You're gonna have to tell me about this later!" she said.

"Yeah, yeah," Austie said. "You just had to say that didn't you, Kailynn?"

"I said I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that. It was the first thing that came to mind and I didn't think about it and it just came out. Jeez. ... Are you mad at me?"

"Nope. You have way to many problems right now without me being mad at you."

"Yeah, I know right?"

"Yup."

"So .. Where are we meeting these peoples?"

"Uhh ... The parking lot? I guess? Where else?"

"I dunno. They're vampires, and there's sun out. How are we supposed to meet them in the parking lot?"

"I haven't thought about that..."