The Starkeeper

*•*Prologue*•*

I walked down the empty streets of the small town I have decided to call my home. It's early in the morning so no one else is up, probably for the best because I don't think I could handle being able to see all the people who can't see me.

Oh well you're probably wondering what's going on so let me fill you in a bit. My name is Emily Sparks  and I've been dead for over 200 years now.

I was 17 when I died. The way I died is probably the only thing I can remember from my past life as a human.

*•*Flashback*•*

"Emily! You're going in to far, it gets too deep out there, come back in!" My mother called from the picnic blanket.

But I had no intention if turning around, I was having great fun just swimming and not having a single care in the world. So I pretended not to get her.

I seen some boys my age on the riverbank diving off of a boulder so I decided to go join them. I snuck off while my mother was preparing lunch.

When I came over they were all yelling. And laughing. Then they saw me.

You see I wasn't exactly the most popular or well known in our small town.

"Hi." I said awkwardly. "Do you -uh- think I could... Join you?"

I stood there pretending to pick at my finger nails while they were talking amongst themselves in hushed tones, talking about me obviously.

"Uh... Yeah. I guess so." The tallest boy shrugged. The others snickered behind him. They probably thought because of a girl I couldn't do it. But I was a very stubborn girl and refused to let them get the satisfaction of me "chickening out".

I made my way up to the top of the rock and curled my toes around the edge. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and jumped.

For about three seconds I was suspended in the air, waiting for the plunge into cool water below, but I wasn't expecting what happened next.

In the last second I opened my eyes, expecting to see the deep water below me but instead I was met with a sharp edge of the rock.

And that's all I remember before I died.

*•*Flashback Over*•*

People were starting to wake up and I didn't want to face the fact that people couldn't see me at all so I did what I did every morning-I ran away.

I ran and ran until my lungs burned, begging for oxygen. Just because I was immortal doesn't mean I don't have to breath. I probably should have just flown away but I'm still not vey good at controlling it yet... Or landing... Or taking off. I'm not sure why I was chosen to be immortal all I remember is waking up with all this information I don't remember learning.

I knew that I was immortal, I could fly, and that my job was to control the stars and constellations to make sure they align every night, but what I don't know is what my powers are. I know I have them but I need to find them. it's been 200 years and I've almost given up.

No one has ever been able to see me except one person. But I haven't seen him in 20 years. I could tell he was immortal like me because almost as soon as we became acquainted he flew away.

I've been alone ever since.

____________________________________________________________________________

*•*Author's Note*•*

This is my second story on wattpad and I'm working on both at the same time so I don't know how well it's going to work out but I'm going to try and update at least once every two days! yay!

-Stargirl3012