Chapter 4

After about a 5 minute delay because of me and Jace arguing about my small problem with flying, he finally started the story again.

"We were watching you together for about four days. We found out you actually are The Starkeeper! It was amazing and Hunter couldn't believe it! After we found that out we returned to Hunter's hideout and talked about how we would deal with you-" he explained, but I cut him off.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait! What do you mean The Starkeeper and I don't need to be "dealt with"!" I exclaimed defensively.

Jace held up one hand to me and closed his eyes.

"Please save all questions for the end of the story."

I rolled my eyes at his childishness and crossed my arms, waiting for him to continue.

"We couldn't just let you off by yourself, you didn't know how to control your powers yet and we couldn't afford to lose you. Anyway we made a plan that I would watch over you discreetly until danger came up and then we could confront you."

He licked his lips and looked anywhere but my face. I looked at the floor and furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out what he was getting at. Then it hit me.

"You were stalking me?!?" I screamed.

"What? Wait-NO! I had to! You could've died for all we knew!" He exclaimed, eyes wide.

"Fine hurry up and continue before I beat your face in." I warned with clenched teeth.

He smile and just to make me angry he pinched my cheeks. I swatted his hand away and folded my arms.

"You're so cute when you're angry!" He said annoyingly.

"Damn you." I replied.

*•*•*•*

"So that's it?" I asked.

"Yep pretty much, I had to watch you because you're more powerful than you think. You still haven't learned how to fly or use your main power yet."

I understood so far but I felt like I was supposed to ask a very crucial question but forgot about it and pushed the feeling to the back of my mind.

"So uhh... what now?" I asked.

"Well you come with me! You have to come live with me and Hunter now that you found out we were watching you! you're old enough now to learn how to properly use your powers and to fly, I will be your teacher." He said, proud of his answer.

Hell no! Who the hell does he think he is? No. I won't go with him, I barley know him! He could be lying for all I know!

But he can see you.

So?

He can help you find out why no one else can see you.

I don't care.

Umm yeah, you do.

No I don't!

Yes you do!

How would you know?

I am you!

Oh shut up!

I hate it when I have conversations with myself. I looked over at Jace to notice he had an eyebrow raised at me. I must've been acting out my thoughts and had some really weird facial expressions.

I ignored him.

I promised myself to keep my walls high, to not let anyone in and he was no exception. My walls are already to high to give up now.