Chapter 18

I watched Andrew as he approached us angrily, I did knew this was going to happen if Chris continued with his charade. But I didn't know that it will happen way too fast, he stopped right in front of us with his eyes  blazing red. I shivered in silence as I felt him take my hand in  his, trying to take me away from there. Chris wanted to intervene but stood still when he received a threatening glare from Andrew. Andrew dragged me to the roof top of the company and released me with force, I stumbled but luckily regained my posture. "what is this about Andrew?  Why are you angry?" I asked feigning ignorance, but he glared at me "what is your relationship with Chris? Why is he here too often?  Don't forget that you are with me Kate,  you are mine" .

On hearing him say that, I smiled silently, he was jealous and I was absolutely enjoying his unhidden jealousy. it was sweet seeing him get jealous over me but I stood there looking at him amusingly without uttering a word and from all indication my silence was unnerving him,  "Kate?"  he warned and I cleared my throat "calm down, there is nothing between Chris and I, we had only known each other from high school and now he wants us to be friends, that's just it, nothing for you to worry about".  Andrew sighed visibly and sat down at the pavement. After some moment of silence, he look up at me "you need to stay away from him, am not certain if being friends with you is the only thing he wants but am not taking chances so please make him stop coming close to you OK?"  he said matter of factly and I nodded...
****

Chris had already left by the time we got back to the office, he left a note on my desk saying that he will be coming around some other time. I shook my head, realizing that the storm isn't going down anytime soon...

Some days later, Chris stood at the front of the elevator in the company, waiting for it to open so as to go up to the fifth floor where Kate's desk lies. Unfortunately, Andrew just arrived to the company and was about to go up to his office too. he met Chris standing in front of the elevator and joined him, not long after he stood beside Chris, the elevator opened and they both went in....
****

"I don't remember you having an appointment here chris" Andrew broke the silence, "And I don't need an appointment to be here Andrew" Chris shrugged.  Andrew could feel his anger rising but he was determined to keep it abay. he forced out a smile and said "very well but then what is your purpose of coming here? Since it's obvious that you are not here to see me".   Chris hesitated for a moment but then replied" am here to meet Kate, the secretary at the fifth floor".   Andrew bailed his hands into a fist realizing that he is having a hard time keeping his anger abay. Just when he was about to say something next, the door of the elevator opened and Chris went out.

Andrew who was burning with anger punched the elevator out of rage and followed Chris out of the elevator to see what he was up to.  On Chris arrival to Kate's desk, out of the Blues he gave her a hug. she twirled in her seat in surprise and gasped on seeing Chris hugging her from behind. "what the........"  she started but before she could continue, a punch from Andrew came flying at Chris, hit him on the face and Andrew dragged him by the collar to his office.
****

Hope you are still enjoying the story?  Thanks for your time. @NATUREBEAY