Chapter 25

Immediately I exited the company, I stopped a taxi and asked the driver to follow up Andrew's car. I knew exactly where the cafe mabenas lies but I wanted to follow up his tail incase if he decided to change the location. After signaling the driver to park a little further away from where they were, I got out of the car and hid behind the nearest car to where I was that can give me a clear view of what they were doing from where they sat in the cafe.
I couldn't make out what they were saying but I could clearly see the public display of affection as they talked, ate and laugh.

Becca shamelessly took a piece of hankie, using it to wipe his mouth gently. That little act had stung me deep in the heart, more painful than the sting of a bee. I clenched tightly to my chest, letting the pain sink in. 

Just then, Andrew took her by her arm, led her to the dance floor and began swaying to the melody of the music beating  slowly in the cafe. That wench had stolen my moment, that was suppose to me there not her and it hurt seeing her lay dancing in his arms. They danced and waltz for sometime, then suddenly came to a halt and look upon each other's eyes.
***

I swallowed hard, trying very hard to swallow up the humph that had seems to dry up in my throat. "No this isn't real, it's not what am thinking. It can't be real" I said to myself, trying to make myself believe that I was just imagining things, but what I dread happened. They kissed and scattered my heart to pieces.

I fell on the floor unable to stand on my now jelly-like legs.  My world crumbled right before my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it. At first I sob silently, but I couldn't contain it any longer  and so I let out a piercing cry. I cried in deep agony, not knowing exactly what I was feeling right there.
****

"here". I heard someone say as a piece of hankie was stretched towards me. "I know that voice, but I hope it wasn't". I rose up my head only to meet up Andrew's gaze with the stretched hankie in his hands, beside him was my formidable opponent Becca looking down at me as well.  "Gosh, embrassment wouldn't even begin to explain what i felt".  I slowly got up like a broken kitten ignoring the hankie he was offering and slowly turned, readying myself to leave. I was trying to leave in other to prevent any further embrassment and humiliation that may be finding it way to me. 
As soon as I turned to leave, my arm was held by Andrew while he goes on saying "where do you think you are going to? Since you followed me without my permission, I don't think you can leave without my permission as well. So now that you are here, we should go in".  He signaled Becca with his eyebrows and we all walked towards the cafe that now looks too close for my liking. I didn't want to go in, I even dread to think of what will happen once I get in but I don't I have a choice either.
****

We all sat quietly, daring each other to break the silence with our eyes. Nelly suddenly came into the cafe, walked towards us, drew out a seat and sat beside me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "what are you doing here?" I mouthed to her but she ignored, making me more confused.

Andrew cleared his throat and began,  "Now that we are complete, I think it's time to let the cat out of the bag but first, Kate I would like you to me Rebecca, my......".  "yeah, yeah,  your new girlfriend" I spat at him, making him chuckle. Nelly and Becca giggled as well. I looked at them one after the other, not understanding what was funny or what had made me in to a clown.

"well, if that is what you think, then it can't be helped" he shrugged as if it was nothing. I bailed my hands underneath the table, feeling like screaming and yelling out my anger but I held it in.
****

" 5 days after you came to my apartment and apologized for what you did....... ". He stopped talking and looked straight at me. I quickly lowered my gaze feeling the spark of guilt and shame ignite through me. " 5 days after you came, Nelly here came to see me and told me about the condition you had been in. She apologized on your behalf as well and asked me to forgive you. I knew that deep in my heart, I had already forgiven you. I loved you and I don't think anyone need to remind me of it but I wanted you to have the taste of your own medicine, for you to know how it feels and I thought............. ".

" Yeah, you thought by having Miss goody two shoes here as your date, having flings and kissing is the perfect way to get back at me right?" I snapped at him enraged. Rebecca visibly chuckled, not the least affected by what I said and that made me angrier.

"well, Becca here is my childhood friend. We had been so close together that people actually thought we might end up marrying and spending the rest of our lives together, which now explained what you heard from Chris". "then how did you know that I was here?" I asked him trying to figure out how he knew I was hiding behind the car outside.

"I saw you come out of the company, and got a taxi through the rear mirror of my car. When I was sure that you were following us, I planned out with Becca to create a scene then called Nelly and told her about it and asked her to meet us here in about an hour. That kiss you saw us had, was all a scene". He explained and I felt my face fell. I turned to Nelly, glaring daggers at her "how sweet of you Nelly, and here I thought we are best friends"  I whisper-yelled at her causing her to raise her hands in surrender.
***

"That would be all" he said to them and they both left us. And that was when I noticed that the whole cafe had been empty. I looked around and just when I was about to ask him why the whole place seems deserted, he flicked his fingers and the whole chandeliers came to life. All other bulbs use to decorate the whole place all came to life and enchanted my soul.  "Wow"  I managed to mumble, "they are beautiful"  I said to the now smiling Andrew.

He flicked his fingers again,  and some waiters kept coming in; they had a huge cake, flowers and glasses of wine. They  came towards us and laid them all on the table in front of us and then left. I was getting the hint but I was more listening to the heavy thunderous sound of my heart. 
****

"Kate" he began, "l love you, I have always loved you ever since I set my eyes on you and ever since you walked into my office and into my life as well. I want to be with you every now and then, and I want you to be Mine, my source of joy and happiness".

I watch him get down from his seat and knelt on one of his knee. He brought out a little black box and look me right in the eyes, "Kate, Will you be mine? Marry me"  he said and opened the box, revealing a beautiful glittering diamond ring. I stared at the ring in awe, too thunderstrucked to say a thing. After some minutes, I whimpered as I shook my head vigorously, not being able to trust my voice. I stood up without hesitation and hugged him tightly.
***

He flicked his fingers for the 3rd time and the curtains hiding the stage opened, revealing the grand Orchestra standing behind the curtains. They began playing the song *YOU &  ME*. He lifted me up into the air and spun us around. I lay in his hands, forgetting about the world and everything in it. He laid me down after sometime and we stood there gazing at each other's eyes before his lips capsized on mine.

The music went on while we devoured each other's lips, then hugged and swayed, forgetting all our worries. Like in a fairy tale, it's a dream come true.
****

"Nelly...... " I yelled as I burst into her apartment, not letting her answer I matched to her room, " you are so going to die today" I said to her and pointing my fingers at her. "oh c'mon Kate, you can't be that mean, I swear I didn't do anything" she said, using style to move backward in other to find her escape route.  "Oh really?, you didn't do anything?,  you knew Andrew was trying to get back at me, yet you didn't tell me and as if that wasn't enough, I got to get proposed to looking like this". I waved my hands all over my body, feeling more embarrassed about the whole situation.

She let out a scream "Really?  He proposed?, Wow that's beautiful, come tell me, tell me everything"  she gushed out breathlessly.
****

I narrowed my eyes at her realizing that she was trying to escape her crime. "Alright,  come forward I will tell you everything" I motioned for her to come forward with my fingers but she had already understood my trick, so she turned towards the door and ran.  I followed her screaming after her "Nelly get back here, am not done with you". We kept on the cat and rat chase, suddenly she tripped and fell making me burst out laughing. "Karma is a bitch" I winked at her.

I got home around 10pm but didn't go into the house and sat down at the grass carpet outside. I was quiet for a long moment, just listening to the wind and looking up the sky. "Mom, Dad, I miss you, I wish you are here. Congratulate me, am TO BE HIS soon. I will BE HIS.
*******

Holla at ya'll... Finally, the book has found it's resting place. Although, I will want to write a little more script. Will be here soon. Watch out for it... I love you all....