Chapter Six: different but still the same.

"Baby, you're scaring me."

"I don't want to scare you. Gabriel," Woah, Gabriel? "I need you to listen to me. Ok, this is actually not that big of a deal. At least not to me."

"Just tell me." I smiled at him as we laid down on his bed. I took his face in my hands and kissed his lips softly.

"I...my name is Jared McGranger,"

"I know that." I chuckled and kissed his lips again.

"I'm 19 years old. I live alone."

"Why do you live alone?"

"My dad threw me out because he didn't support me. My mom did, but she's...not around any longer. I ended up dropping out of school, going to work and paying my own rent."

"I'm sorry. But he threw you out because he didn't accept you being gay?"

"That's one of the reasons."

"Ok, but what does that have to do with the syringes? Baby just tell me. It can't be that bad." I kissed him and smiled against his lips.

"I'm...those are testosterone shots." He mumbled.

"W-"

"I'm trans." flew off his lips. "Just say if you don't want this...me. I will leave you alone." He looked down.

"Y- no, i want you. This is just...new."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I just...so you're a girl?"

"No, I'm not. I am a boy. I was born in the wrong body and i always knew it. My dad just didn't understand it."

"But...You're so muscular."

"So? I work out."

"And your...boobs?"

"I had top surgery when i was 16. My mom signed all the papers and when she...died it was already done and my dad was furious about it."

"But your voice..."

"Look, Gabe. Testosterone does all those things. The voice, the facial hair, other hair, Everything. I've been freed from my former self 5 years ago and i'm proud. If you don't get me and my body or you can't deal with it, then I'm sorry. I will leave you alone. But i just need my partner to understand me."

"No! I get you." i kissed his lips.

See? I said his.

"You're a boy." I said to myself.

"Gabe? It makes me feel really shitty if you have to tell yourself that I'm a boy like you don't believe it. I'm a boy in all ways but genitalia. I don't have a dick. But i am a boy. And i need you to see that. I mean, you didn't question anything when we met. You just thought i was a boy, and that is what i am."

"I know. I know, I'm sorry. It's just a lot to take in right now."

"I understand. But please just...treat me normally and don't say stuff like, 'wow that made you seem like a real boy', because i am a boy, ok? And please don't say shit like 'does being with you make me straight?' Because no, it doesn't. I am a gay male and if you are with me, you're not straight. Maybe you're bi or pan or whatever you identify youself with, but i am gay because i am a guy and like guys." His eyes got watery.

"Ok." I wiped his tear away and kissed his lips slowly. "I understand. Ok, baby." I sighed feeling kind of relieved.

The next moments we laid in his bed, staring at each other.