four

Abigale's POV・

"What the hell?!" He yelled as he examines his now glitter-filled locker and clothes, "Whoever did this is going to regret it." He says in a deadly tone, eyeing everyone who has now gathered in the hallway, some laughing, some looking deathly afraid of the sight. "And if you're recording this I suggest you stop and delete the footage... now." He says. I look to the crowd to see people quickly putting their phones down. 

"Vanessa you're going to want to stop recording," I warn her as she continues to laugh.

"Oh no no no, this is gold." She laughs silently, "plus if he even tries anything with me, he's a dead man against my brother." she says and I remain quiet.

"Lucky you," I mutter, watching the horrific sight.

"Now who did this, who thought it would be funny to mess up my locker and my clothes?!" He seeths and everyone goes quiet. After a minute he walks towards the crowd, everyone scooting away from him. He walks towards a boy whose color immediately drains from his face when Alex stops glares at him. "Was it you John? You sure did think this was funny and would have the brains to set this up, right?" He says as the boy shakes his head continuously, turning white.

"Hey, I'm taking that as a compliment," Vanessa whispers to me and I glare at her then look back to the scene.

"N-No Alex I pr-promise.. I would nev-never," he stutters, looking like he's about to pass out.

"Like hell you wouldn't. You're just upset that I've roughed you up a little right? That you're such an introvert people don't know you're here or to help you, so you thought it'd be funny to make your debut by trying to mess with me, right?" He barks as he raises his fist, making everyone gasp.

"Okay, stop," I interrupt making everyone go silent, John letting out a breath of relief and Alex darting his head at me, looking ready to kill anything- or anyone- in his path.

"What are you doing Abigale?!" Vanessa whisper yells to me and I shrug her off.

"You wanted me to show him who's boss, right?" I smile and she remains quiet before I look back to Alex and take a deep breath.

"What did you say?!" Alex says, pushing the poor boy away, who gathers his stuff and runs off.

"I said to stop, he did nothing wrong here," I say calmly as the hall remains eerily silent.

"Okay then, new girl, enlighten me on who did," he glares at me, making the crowd start to mumble and I take another deep breath, calming my nerves. Abigale... you've dealt with worse. 

Vanessa touches my shoulder from behind me, "Abigale you don't have to-"

"It was me," I interject as calmly as I can, the crowd going silent again. Alex looks at me with a tinge of disbelief and I roll my eyes, putting up a finger. I turn towards my locker and open it, all the items we used falling to the floor. "See," I say wearing a small smile.

"Oh I see," he gives a menacing chuckle. He walks towards me in large strides, my body automatically responding and pushing myself against the locker. He stops a few inches in front of me and flashes a dark smile before grabbing a hold of my arm, "We're going to have a chat, Abigale."

"I'm not leaving her," Vanessa says and I turn to look at her.

"I'm fine Vanessa, I can defend myself," I say and she sighs.

"But it was me too-"

"Just go to class, I've dealt with worse," I say and she nods and walks off. "And to you," I say pointing to Alex, "I guess a chat would be nice."