Glenn

I'm helping my dad set the table when I hear a knock at the door.
"I'll get it." I tell him.
I go open the door. It's Maggie and Beth. Maggie looks so gorgeous in her olive green dress. It brings out the green in her eyes.
"Wow." I say looking at her."I mean, you look.....wow."
"Thanks." She says, smiling."You look so handsome."
"Thanks. Hi, Beth. How are you doing, kiddo?" I say.
"Hey. Just really happy to be here." Beth says, with a sunny smile.
"Well, come on inside then. I'm happy to see you two."
I open the door wider and let them inside.
"My dad, Dale, is in the kitchen." I say, leading them.
My dad is taking out the turkey when we see him. He sits it on the table.
"Hey, Dad. This is Maggie. And this is her younger sister Beth." I say, introducing them.
"It's nice to meet finally meet you two girls." He says, and gives them each a hug.
"I know, it's about time we meet." Says Maggie, smiling.
"Thanks for inviting us, Dale." Says Beth.
"It's my pleasure, young lady." He answers. "Well, why don't you all sit down and I'll serve the food."
"Can I help you? It's the least I can do after you being kind enough to invite me and my sister." Maggie says.
"Sure, I appreciate it. While we're at it, I can tell you a story about Glenn in his boy scout days when he had an unfortunate run in with poison ivy."
"Oh my God." I say, shaking my head with my palm on my face. But I can't help but smile. Dude. That's my dad for you.
While Maggie and my dad are talking, most likely about my top 10 embarrassing moments, Beth asks to see my guitar. So, I bring my guitar out to the living room and show her how to play a simple tune.
"It's so much fun learning how to play the guitar. Thanks for showing me the basics." Beth says.
"No problem, I can show you more whenever you and Maggie come over." I say.
"Really! Yeah, that'd be great." She says, happily.
I can see why Maggie is so protective of Beth. It's like Beth is a little burning candle and we can't let the darkness blow out her light.
"Dinner is ready, you guys!" We hear Maggie say from the kitchen.
"Come on, let's go eat kiddo." I say. Me and Beth go to the kitchen and we see my dad and Maggie cutting the turkey and ham.
"Everything looks so good." I say, as I'm sitting down at the kitchen table.
"Yes, it does." Maggie says coming towards me. She puts her finger in the mashed potatoes on my plate and then puts it on the tip of my nose. "You look cute enough to eat, my poor itchy, rashy baby." She says laughing, then kissing me on the cheek.
"Dad! Why! It's not my fault my fellow boy scouts put poison ivy all over me while I was sleeping!" I say, face palming again.
"Sorry, son. Couldn't help myself." My dad says laughing.
"Were you really scared of the tooth fairy?" Maggie asks.
"No. No. Of course not. Ok. Maybe a little. But seriously, it's creepy as hell that some fairy goes under little kids pillows for their teeth. How is that not weird?!" I say.
"He even put a trap out for this killer fairy of his when he was 6. Laid out a wire in front of his door. Made me trip and fall right on my ass!" My dad says, laughing.
Now everyone is laughing. Even I'm laughing. It's one of those moments you'll look back on later and wish you could return to.
"All right. If you guys are done laughing at my childhood antics, let's eat." I say.
Once everyone is sitting down at the table, my dad says a short prayer, and we start eating. We talk and laugh. Like we're a big family. It's surreal.