Fun Facts

I thought I would write some quick fun facts about this book for you guys.

1. The blanket
Clint's blanket, which Elytra ends up keeping, is based off of my favorite blanket, which my grandma made as a Christmas present for me.

2. The stuffed elephant
Elytra's stuffed elephant, the one she takes just about anywhere, is based off of my stuffed elephant, my favorite stuffed animal. My elephant is actually Lumpy from Winnie the Pooh, and Disney stopped making them a long time ago.

3. The idea for this book
A lot of my friends have asked me how I got the idea for this book. Well, you know when you want to read a fan fiction, but you want to read one where the main character does certain things and has certain powers. I thought, "What if this girl got ran over by the Avengers' car? Better yet, what if she had wings? Even better, what if she was an experiment..." and so on. THAT, my friends, is how this story came to be.

4. The lilies
The lilies Elytra gives to Pietro after he passes, those were based off of the lilies from The Cellar, the book I was reading at the time.

5. Why does Elytra have ice powers,
Simple. My sister likes Frozen, and being the stubborn 9 year old she is, insisted I make Elytra have ice powers, which ended up being one of the best decisions I ever made.

6. Elentiya
Why did I choose Elytra's real name to be Elentiya? Well, if you read Throne of Glass, my favorite book of all time, the main character's friend gives her the name Elentiya, which means 'brave soul.'

Anything else you want to know? Comment it and I will be sure to reply the answer!