Silent Treatment

Harry: “This is bullshit.” Harry mutters, clenching his fist as you take a deep huffy breath and look away.  ”I’m done trying to figure out what I did, okay?  I’mdone.”  Ignoring Harry has actually gotten really dull, and you actually can’t stand not talking to him, but you can’t back down now.  You keep you eyes ahead of you and start to head down the hall to your room, your ponytail swinging behind you.  ”No, no, I lied.  I need to know.  What did I do that made you this mad?” Harry says, jogging down the hall and grabbing your arm.  You shake your head and throw your arms around his neck.  ”Forget it.  It was stupid and you’re too cute to stay mad at.”

Louis: Silent treatment is never Louis’ preferred course of action.  He normally can’t resist telling you off or giving a brazen comeback when the two of you are arguing.  When he does ignore you though, he does it with every ounce of his body.  ”I’m dying, Lou,” you plead.  ”I’m sorry."  He doesn’t even flinch.  Louis doesn’t pull the usual "stare-straight-ahead" bit that most people use, either.  He carries on with every thought, activity, and movement as if nothing’s been said, no emotions have been felt, not even a breath of air has come in though a window.  "Please, Lou, I’m literally begging you, I was being an asshole!  I’msorry," You say.  You find yourself wondering how you literally got to the point of begging on your hands and knees for him to forgive you, but Louis seems to like this new approach.  "Okay, I’m done now," he says.  "That was quite fun."

Niall: It’s been nearly a day since Niall’s attempted to try to give you the silent treatment now, but he’s too terrible at it for it to even count.  Every time you say something to him that he can’t resist replying to, he’ll mutter a response under his breath as you’re walking away.  ”You’re not even giving me a real silent treatment, asshole!” You shout, storming out of the room.  “‘S working, isn’t it,” He mumbles, sending you back into the room.  ”I don’t think you fully understand what silent treatment is.  It means you don’t talk.  You keep your mouth shut.  Not stay quiet when you feel like it, or chime in when you think your reply is too golden to keep quiet.” Niall keeps his eyes on his magazine, which is all the more aggravating since you know he doesn’t read on his own time.  ”I’ll stay quiet whenever the hell i feel like it,” he mutters.

Liam: Fighting with Liam gets nasty quick.  He lets himself be so vulnerable with you that you find it easier and easier every time to let yourself crush him.  The best way you’ve found is cut of what he loves most: talking to you.  You only really use the silent treatment on Liam when you’re extremely mad at him; otherwise it seems like too cruel of a punishment.  He reacts terribly when you’ve made it clear you’re not talking to him, tugging at his hair and rubbing his temples like he’s going insane.  This time, it’s gone too long.  ”(y/n)!” He yells, and his voice is so anguished that you turn to face him, your eyes wide.  His brown eyes are red and strained.  You exhale sharply and open your mouth, but no words come out.  ”I’m sorry.” He says, his voice short of breath.  ”Can we please talk about this.”

Zayn: “Bullshit.” Zayn says.  ”You won’t talk to me?  I won’t talk to you.” He says, storming out of the room.  You relax and sigh after he’s out of sight.  You hadn’t thought of that.  Zayn actually enjoys keeping to himself.  Giving him the silent treatment won’t be a very effective way to make him feel miserable.  Wait it out, you think.  But hours later, you’re still sitting in the same place in your room, and Zayn still hasn’t come to talk to you.  You get up, something you had been fighting with yourself to do for the past hour and a half.  ”That was dumb.  Can we talk about it?” You say, peeking your head out the door.  Zayn’s on the couch, looking through his phone.  He doesn’t even flinch.  ”Zayn?” You say, but he stays still.  After ten second, he looks up and makes a face.  ”I’m just kidding,” he says.  ”Come here.”