Chapter Three: Day One, Part One

Carla was rudely awakened by her alarm she set for 6:00am. She lazily extended her arm, and swung at it to turn it off, but she couldn't reach it, causing her to moan in annoyance.

"Can you please shut that off.." The other Carla tiredly called out.

Carla groggily got out of bed, and hit the snooze button on the alarm. She begrudgingly walked over to her dresser, pulled out something acceptable to wear, and sluggishly put it on. Carla then looked over her shoulder, and saw her double looking at her with one eye open, and smiling.

"Lookin good, me. That definitely looks good on you." She said.

Carla smiled, but couldn't tell if she was joking or not. "Thanks, but I bet it'll look better on you." She playfully told herself. She then walked to the door, and turned to her other self. "Now whatever you do, stay here, and don't get caught by Denice." She instructed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, now shoo. I've got some sleep to catch up on." Said Carla's duplicate, still sounding hoarse.

Carla then walked out of her room slowly, and quietly closed the door behind her, as to not make too much noise. She spun around, and was relieved to see the darkness in the kitchen just outside her room.

"Phew. Thank god that blonde slut's still asleep. The lazy ass." Carla though aloud to herself softly as she turn on the lights in the kitchen, and rummaged through the pantry and fridge.

"Damnit, that bitch and her gigolo must've eaten all my stuff!" Carla whined. "Screw it, I'm going eat out today." She said as she walked out the back door.

Carla walked a few blocks to the nearby coffee shop, and sat down on the counter. "Good morning Jim. Would you please get me a cinnamon-vanilla lover's coffee please?" Carla asked.

"Sure thing Carla. Did that horrible girl leave you without any food or coffee again?" The store owner asked.

Carla chuckled. "How well you know."

After a quick breakfast of coffee and a muffin, Carla headed off to her first class of the day. She sat down, took down her notes as she listened to an hour and a half of a boring lecture, and moved on to her other class, and did the same. Afterwards, Carla looked at the time on her watch.

'Noon already? Jeez. I hope other me is doing alright, poor girl must be starving by now. I should get her something to eat. She'd love that.' Carla thought to herself.

She then set off for the coffee shop again, and bought another cup of her preferred coffee, and two muffins. Carla then headed off for her home, and hoped to surprise her other self, but was surprised to see that she wasn't in her room, or anywhere else.

"Oh, great..." Carla grumbled to herself, setting the food she brought on the kitchen counter.

"Is that for me?" A familiar voice asked.

'Shit!' Carla mentally shouted.

Carla turned around, and faced the girl who was leaning against the doorway, her roommate Denice Smith; an attractive rich girl with a slender body that was just a bit more slender than Carla's own, light blonde hair that almost looked white, and a set of pretty pale, olive green eyes. Carla noticed she was only wearing a black shirt, and couldn't tell if she was either not wearing any shorts, or if she wore some that were covered up by the low having shirt.

"Oh hey Denice. No it's not for you, so please don't eat this too." Carla said, trying to do her best to not sound too annoyed.

"You make me sound like such a glutton." Denice said laughing as she served herself a glass of water.

Carla frowned. "Well, you kinda are. You ate all the food I bought!"

"Oh, crap! I told those idiots not to touch anything." Denice said, swirling the water in her glass, casually.

"You had more guests last night? How many?" Carla asked.

Denice eyed Carla as she took a sip of her water. "I don't have to tell you Carla, but if you must know, it was only about nine or eight." She said casually.

Carla shook her head. "Do whatever you want with your...friends, but please leave the stuff I buy out of it!" Carla demanded.

Denice rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Thank you!" Carla said as she headed for the back door.

"By the way, how did you change your clothes and get here so fast?" Denice asked.

Carla felt her heart skip a beat. 'Carla.' She thought.

"What do you mean?" Carla managed to say, turning to Denice.

The blonde simply smiled and looked at the ceiling.

"Well I mean, you only left like ten minutes ago, and suddenly you come back in new clothes, and even had time to stop by Jim's Coffee." Denice inquired in a casual tone, but sounding very uncharacteristically curious to Carla.

"What? No! It must've been longer than that." Carla tried to persuade her.

Denice looked at Carla, and raised an eyebrow. "Well maybe. But I know it wasn't too long ago that you told me you were going out for a jog." She explained.

'You've got to be kidding me...' Carla mentally whined.

"Well, I umm...remembered that I had class, and changed back after I came back from Jim's." Carla lied.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense." Denice said, taking another sip of her water.

Carla smiled at her apparent success at fooling her roommate, and checked her watch. 'Oh, Crap! I really should get going. Class is about to start.' She thought to herself.

"Well, I really should get going, next class is about to start." Carla announced.

"Okay, have fun." Denice said, as she turned around and walked out of the kitchen, and into the study room.

Carla opened up the back door. "Oh by the way, I might come back in another set of clothes again, and when I do, please remind me about the food I just bought!" Carla hollered out.

Denice immediately spun around with a perplexed expression. "Wait, what?"

Instead of an answer, all she got was the sound of the door closing.

Denice shrugged it off, and walked back down stairs to her room. "Freak."