Chapter 35

"Zayn, you need to eat." Liam sighed as Zayn refused to open his mouth to the spoonful of soup Liam's trying to feed him.

"Louis." was all Zayn has been saying ever since he was brought to the hospital.

"They're doing the best that they can." Liam said quietly, "Please eat, Zayn, starving yourself won't be good for you and the baby."

Zayn turned his stare to Liam then to his bump. He held it carefully, just staring at it.

"Zayn, come on please." Liam pleaded and thankfully Zayn accepted the food.

It hasn't been too long since the accident. After a screaming Eleanour was arrested, Louis and Zayn was immediately taken to the hospital. The last time Zayn saw Louis was both of them strapped in the bed, more people were around Louis, using tools to keep him breathing. Zayn still remembers how unresponsive and pale Louis' body was before they were wheeled in separate rooms.

Liam was Zayn's first visitor after a thorough check up. The baby was doing fine, and so is Zayn physically. Zayn had a meltdown earlier, begging to see Louis, and that was the time they called Liam in, since he'd been waiting there and hope he could calm Zayn down. Zayn's parents were dealing with the police, Johanna's waiting for Louis, and Niall and Harry are on their way, informing other family members as well.

Liam fed Zayn in silence. He wanted to ask Zayn how's he's feeling, but Zayn's a little to out of it, just staring ahead.

"He'll fight it." Liam tried to assure his pregnant friend, "There's no way he'll leave you and his child."

Zayn looked down, tears began falling again and Liam had to put the bowl of soup down first before wrapping his arms around the raven haired lad, "This is my fault."

"It's not, Zayn."

"If I should've have listened to my parents and went with someone, then none of this would've happen!" Zayn shouted as he pushed Liam away, "I wouldn't have been kidnapped and we wouldn't have to face her! Louis would've been safe!"

Liam watched as angry tears fall from Zayn's eyes. He's not sure what to do, saying everything will be fine will only fuel Zayn more, he has to calm Zayn down.

"Don't blame yourself, Zayn." Liam sighed.

"Everything came from what I did to Eleanor." Zayn said quietly, looking down on his hands.

"It wasn't your fault everyone fell in love with you." Liam chuckled weakly, "Eleanor just... faced a lot of things that was totally out of everyone's control. You never forced everyone to hangout with you nor to forget Eleanor."

"She was facing a lot of things, and I hated her for liking Louis." Zayn whimpered, "I should've let Louis saved her."

"Zayn..." Liam called before sitting on Zayn's bed looking at him, "We didn't know what was happening in her life. And it's not like you can push Louis away from you, he was in love with you and I'm sure he would always choose you over her."

"She had to suffer for us to be happy." Zayn cried.

"Eleanor should've accepted that Louis moved on and find another person to make her happy." Liam tried to explain.

"But-"

"Zayn, please stop stressing over her. Even if we want to save her now, it's too late. She killed Miles, attempted to kill you... and... Louis..."

It was a mistake mentioning that as Zayn started bawling when he remember how Louis caughed out blood and collapsed.

~~~