How To Survive School

There are many components that make up school which can make surviving school extremely difficult but I promise that it is achievable if you are prepared to put in the work. Let me split this chapter into the main parts of school that can make surviving school difficult and give you my main tips.

Homework

• I know you probably don't want me to say this, but DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE NIGHT YOU GET IT. This means that you don't have that horrible build up of work that stresses out even the strongest of souls.
• Set yourself rewards for homework. Maybe it will be a hot bath when you finish writing that history essay, or some chocolate etc. This gives you an incentive to work and not procrastinate.
•Talking of procrastination, put your phone on silent and do not disturb unless you're expecting an important call from someone. Put that phone away, hide it under your bed if you have to.

Teachers

• It always seems like teachers are out to get you, but in reality, if you give them some respect and don't get on their nerves, they won't make your life a living hell. Try to avoid talking in their class and they'll probably not give you that F on your report.

Friends

• Fitting in at school can seem like an unachievable goal for some of us but maybe consider the fact that fitting in isn't exactly the only option in school. Find your group of friends, and you can achieve this by joining extra- curricular activities, speaking to new people and finding things you have in common with other people. I know it probably sounds scary to speak to new people, especially if you have anxiety, so take things one step at a time. Start by saying hello to more people.

Sleep Deprivation

• Most students will tell you that they are slowly becoming zombies due to sleep deprivation. Sleep is so vital for surviving school and you need an ample supply. Try to aim for 8 hours a night (7 minimum) and you can achieve this by stopping yourself from watching 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' and getting your ass into bed.

Stress
•Take deep breaths and try and relax yourself
•Don't put too much pressure on yourself and put everything into perspective.
• Rather than stress about exams or tests, try revising for them.
• Don't stress eat, and if you do try and eat healthily. I know that chocolate bar looks so good but you won't feel any better afterwards.

This only scratches the surface on how to survive school but hopefully it will get you through another week. Comment any how to suggestions you have or any random questions that you want answering!