How To Deal With A Sarcastic Person

As someone who is extremely sarcastic in life, this question is quite easy for me to answer. I suppose I can give first hand advice about how people deal with me and how I like to be dealt with.

Now sarcasm usually isn't meant to be hurtful, and people usually use it for humour and don't intend it to be taken seriously.

The first step to dealing with sarcasm is just to ignore it or laugh at it, instead of commenting on it. Whenever I make sarcastic comments, I don't really expect people to reply to them other than with a laugh.

If the sarcastic comment is not used for humour and instead to hurt someone's feelings, you can explain to the person why you don't find their sarcasm funny. Sometimes sarcastic people can be quite aggressive with their sarcasm, to the point where it's difficult to understand whether their actually telling the truth or not. Just stay calm in the situation, and hopefully the person will understand that their sarcasm may be slightly insensitive.

In general, sarcasm isn't meant to be offensive and most sarcastic people just tend to be naturally wired to see things in a slightly pessimistic light which is why we ridicule things.

Comment any questions you have- remember they can be about anything!