Chapter 30

"Are you okay Courtney?" Kari knocked on the her door frame. Courtney slowly turned her head but didn't respond. She just got back from school and flopped on her bed. She felt tired. Or rather, exhausted.
No matter how much times she says that she doesn't have a crush on Olivia, it doesn't make it true. When Olivia told her that she was going out with James, Courtney seemed to fall into a hole and she felt as though she didn't have the strength to climb out.
Courtney and Olivia didn't really talk about it. The date. They read today in their free period.
"Why're you asking?"
"You seem different. Sad," Kari noted. Courtney blinked.
"Do I? I'm just tired and worrying about a project. I'm fine, I'll get a friend's help," Courtney lied. She shrugged her shoulders and pursed her lips into a straight line. Kari nodded and left.
With groan, Courtney turned her gaze back to the roof. She figured she has to straighten out her feelings or else she's going to worry some people.
Straighten out my gay thoughts, Courtney chuckled to herself. Shit.

"We need a game plan," Keith stated. Him, Noah and Shayne banded together at Keith's because the same question etched in each of their minds.
What do we do about Courtivia?
"I think we should just let them deal with whatever by themselves," Shayne started.
"We're running out of ideas on how to stop the school from talking about them though," Noah explained. Shayne clenched his jaw.
"We can't that's why. The school will keep talking about them. That's why we need to help speed them up-"
"Speed what up? We know Courtney likes Olivia, but Olivia doesn't like Courtney, in that way."
"Exactly. We either help Olivia realize she has a secret, hidden thing for Court, or we help Courtney get over it-"
"Olivia isn't gay. That's that. We can't change that. If we're to do anything, we help Courtney get over this thing, because that's what can change."
"Wait," Keith spoke up. Noah and Shayne seemed to have been getting bigger towards the end of their fight. "You said what if Olivia has a secret, hidden thing for Court. What if we see if we can dig that up?"
"But we can't make her a lesbian-"
"But it'd be a secret crush! We wouldn't be necessarily 'changing' her if she already felt something," Noah stood abruptly. As if it were the best idea ever.
"Well how are we going to do this? We have to talk with her," Shayne sighed.
"Which her are we talking about?" Noah asked.
"Let's have two people talk with Court, and two with Olive,"
"There's three of us."
"Someone will go twice."
"No, one will have to go to each of them. It'll look like an ambush otherwise."
"Okay, what will the third person do?"
"Do we each have to do something?"
"Are you being lazy No?"
"Shayne just said it'll look like an ambush. We can't be too conspicuous."
"We won't be. It'll just be slight questioning, to get things rolling."
"Okay."
"That sounds good."
"Finally. Avengers assemble."