Chapter 52

Monday

Courtney made sure not to run into either of the boys the next day. She might've been avoiding them. Shayne caught on pretty quickly after he tried to call for her in the parking lot. When she gave him a glance, she quickly turned on her heels and escaped in the building. Hiding among the rest of the students.
Olivia has also texted the boys, informing them of Courtney's new relationship status so they wouldn't blindly bring it up. She didn't want Courtney to have a bad day at least.
The boys would spend the Sunday internally excited because of the news because maybe, there's still a chance for them to wound up together. Though guilt instilled their emotions because what if Courtney really liked Jess.

"Do you know?" Courtney asked, surprising three of her squad members sitting at their usual lunch table. She had already dropped off her lunch tray in the band room, where she was to meet Olivia in a few minutes. She wanted to talk to the boys first. Her tone wasn't mad, it was impassive and maybe curious.
"Know what?" Keith replied.
"From the party...You know don't you?"
"What about the party?" Shayne said.
"You were trying to set us up? Weren't you?"
"Set what up?"
"Olivia and I. You know that I... like her, don't you?" Courtney squinted her eyes, resisting her own urge to stutter. It felt hard to admit her crush, with how much she wanted to downplay that feeling.
A growing excitement and a knowing sense gleamed in each of their eyes. Their emotions perked with happiness.
"You do?" Noah said first. Courtney tilted her head slightly, and furrowed her brows.
"Y-You didn't know?"
"We had thoughts about it," Shayne explained.
"We figured as much, you know, you look cute together," Keith added.
"We do?" Courtney smiled, feeling bashful all of a sudden. "Wait. I saw what you, all of you were doing at the party. Don't bud in. I don't want her to know from anyone else but me. Okay?"
"You're going to tell her?"
"At some point, I promised her. Just please don't bud in anymore or it'll be blatantly obvious to her as well."

Courtney made it back to the band room. She battled herself internally about telling Olivia her secret crush. She kindly remembered when this crush was just a 'hey you kinda remind me of my ex but you're nicer and an overall better person than she was' crush to a 'I've come to know you as a person or as much as I could within a few weeks but you make me comfortable and happy, not to mention you're fucking beautiful' crush. Back when it was more comfortable to say that she had a mere mindless crush. Now, she wouldn't want to say it unless Olivia liked her back because that would mean everything to her. That's the thing about a crush right?
Courtney was also terrified to ruin her friendship because it's true, Olivia made her feel a hell of a lot better and more comfortable. The blonde would hate to lose that.
She opened the door to the band room.