Chapter 31

"Hey Liv," Courtney muttered as she dug inside her locker. Olivia seemed a bit more happy this Monday morning.
"Hey Court, everything okay?"
"Yeah. I'm just tired, I haven't had much sleep over the weekend," she said which was the truth.
"Really? Worrying about something?"
Courtney bit her lip. Is everyone seeing right through her? Do they all know what's going on?
"A project in Parker's class. You don't have him right?"
"Mr. P? No not this year," Olivia shook her head. They shut their lockers and walked down the hall together. Courtney sighed in relief.
"I'll be fine."
"I can help you after lunch if you want," Olivia shrugged. Courtney thought for a second.
"No, Tim can help me. He's in my class, I'm fine."
"Okay, I'll see you later then Courtney. Or should I say, Bae," Olivia grinned. Courtney smiled as her friend walked off. Courtney stopped in front of her class.
"Shit, motherfucking, ass...cheek," Courtney muttered, clenching her fists as she walked into class.

"Courtney," Shayne called. He just got out of class and thought to walk with Courtney to class to hopefully ask about her and Olivia. Her feelings really.
"Hey Shayne," she greeted. She was slowly trudging in her steps and stared at the floor.
"Everything alright?" He asked, noticing that she looked a bit glum.
"Do I really look that bad? Everyone's been asking me that. I'm fine, really."
"If everyone's noticed it, are you really?"
"Yes Dr. Shayne. I'm fine. I'm tired and stressing," Courtney rubbed her eyes.
"Stressing about what? Getting tests already?"
"Sure. A project in Parker's class."
"Mr. Parker? He hasn't handed out any projects yet."
Courtney went wide eyed. He's in the class.
"Everything okay? What's wrong? Why're you stressing?"
"Well, this is my class, I'll see you later," Courtney skipped into the classroom, leaving Shayne just outside. Confused. Worried. And curious.

Shayne sat at his desk, texting on his phone.
"Courtney is stressing about something," Shayne texted into a group chat with Keith and Noah. "I don't have details because she obviously wants to hide it. My guess, is Olivia. We have to see if they got into any fights or something."
"Got it boii."
"Let's see at lunch."

Courtney made it first to the lunch table outside. She thought it was a little odd because the guys are always there before she was. After a few more minutes, still no one showed. Courtney dug into her food normally. Not even Olivia showed up. Where are they? She asked herself.

"Hey Liv, can we talk to you without Courtney here for a second?" Noah asked. Keith and Shayne were behind him as they stood opposite from Olivia. The halls had emptied so it was just them.
"Is something wrong?"
"No, we just don't want her to hear yet," Shayne claimed, biting his lip. He was starting to think his was a bad idea and that they tossed 'not being too conspicuous' out the door.
"Do you not like her?"
"Wait-No she's cool.
"She's awesome!"
"No it's not like that. Can we just ask you some things?"
Olivia was confused but intrigued. "Shoot."
"Are you two fighting?"
"No, why? Is something wrong?"
"Not at all. She just...looks different today. We should tell you something, which we were thinking to keep from you but-" Shayne started.
"Dude shut up," Noah whisper-yelled.
"What's going on?" Olivia asked, definitely worried now.
"We have to tell her. I've been thinking about it, we should tell them."
"Well now we have to," Keith groaned.
"Don't tell her the Courtney stuff," Noah looked at him and made sure Olivia couldn't see. He winked. Shayne nodded.
"I noticed that she doesn't look the greatest today. Like not herself, and I asked her but she said she was absolutely fine."
"I noticed that too, but she said it was a project thing," Olivia shrugged.
"She messed up because I'm in Mr. P's class too. There is no project. Liv can you do us a favour and ask? You know her best," Shayne asked. Olivia nodded genuinely.

The guys let her walk off before Noah and Keith cornered Shayne.
"You didn't tell the secret but it looked like you were going to," Keith started. Shayne smiled, which confused Noah and Keith to no end.
"I was thinking about it. I made a plan. If Olivia asks, then they're going to get all deep and emotional and they're either going to become better friends or develop," Shayne leaned in. "Crushes."
"Oh, that sounds legit."
"And we can ask later or something."
"Actually, we should ask Courtney. You, you should ask Courtney. She didn't want to tell me something before, she won't want to tell me now. Either of you will have to go gently. One at a time-"
"You were really planning this out."
"Yeah. Listen closely."