0 | 4

One of Hunt's soldiers led me to the front door of a modern-looking building. I'd been driven for almost an hour to the outskirts of the city to get to the compound the ONNT was planning on keeping me in.

      As I walked up towards the door, I surveyed the property. It was large, especially for how close we were to New York City, and very nicely landscaped. But the only thing I focused on was the cast iron gate surrounding the area. It was about fifteen feet tall, low enough for me to scale.

      The soldier unlocked the door. "This way, Ms. Tesla." He addressed me politely, but I knew that if I misbehaved he would be anything but polite. Keeping my glare on his calm face, I went in before him.

      At first glance, I saw that the place was tastefully decorated with a modern-contemporary style. There was a large kitchen with smooth metal appliances, a few sitting rooms with plush couches and a dining room with eight seats.

      I searched for cameras. I could find none, but that didn't mean that there weren't any.

      The luxury of the place made me want to get out of it even more. It was like they tried to make it as beautiful as possible so that those living inside it wouldn't realize that it was a prison. It was a decorated, shiny trap.

      "Ms. Tesla?" The soldier gestured for me to walk down a long hall. I noticed that he stayed behind me at all times, not wanting me out of his sight. He led me to a room being guarded by two more of Hunt's men. Muttering a few words to the other two, the soldier opened the door and let me in.

      After walking a few steps into the room, I stood tall and scoped out the rest of the people inside. Six of them were already here.

      Blinking his dark blond hair out of his blue eyes, a boy sitting on the edge of a pool table watched me. Another boy with dark hair leaned against the wall, looking out of the large glass windows. I could recognize the boy from the picture Hunt had shown me from his bright eyes and kind smile. Behind him, a pretty girl with long black hair and a delicately-featured face stood, her arms crossed across her chest. She looked frightened.

     A Latina girl sat in an armchair with her elbow propped up on her knee, inspecting her nails. "Oh good, another one of Hunt's captives," she said sassily to the soldier.

      "Yeah," remarked a boy with a mischievous smile as he gawked at me. "Good."

      "So what's the power that got you locked in here?" asked the boy I'd recognized from the picture. His light blue eyes met mine and I noticed that they had an innocent shine to them.

      Instead of saying anything, I snapped my fingers. The two unused chairs, along with a few other various things in the room, slowly lifted off the ground to levitate in the air.

      "Okay, you've officially earned my respect," said the boy who'd spoken earlier. He seemed to be the most outgoing one, staring at the floating objects in amazement.

I let the objects fall gently back down. The people in the room kept watching me, so I walked to the edge of the room that was lined with floor-to-ceiling windows. As I looked out, I saw that the building was placed on a hill. In the distance, I could see the skyscrapers from the city.

I let my gaze drop once again to the fence surrounding the property. The first chance I got, I would climb it and run for my life.

I turned around as the door unlocked with a click.

      The last member of Hunt's team was forced in by two of Hunt's soldiers. He was a tall boy with messy black hair. His features were sharp, like a knife. The boy met my gaze as he scanned the faces in the room in challenge, and I noticed his intimidating eyes were an unusual shade of light green. The room seemed to become colder.