Chapter 4

Chapter 4-

"I'm sorry. Could you run that by me again?" I asked shocked.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blurt that out. My anger sometimes gets the best of me." He reached for my face. Something inside me told me I could trust him. So I let him stroke my face. His hand left little tingles in a trail where he touched. What was that? How is that even possible? Isn't that the work of fairy tales?

"Would you like something to drink? We have a lot to discuss. Take a seat on the couch. I'll grab a glass of water." I nodded and he led me to the couch and I took a seat. He grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around me. Wow he really was a gentleman, if you didn't count the fact that he bought me like some sort of property.

"Thanks." I muttered.

He left to where I assumed the kitchen was. Before I even had time to think of what he was going to talk to me about, Emmett came back with a clear glass of water. He handed it to me and I took a nice long drink.

"I don't know how else to say this so I will just be straight forward. I'm a werewolf." He said. I spit out the water in my mouth.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to spit that at you." I apologized. I used the blanket to clean up the mess off his shirt. Oh my, I could feel he had abs. They were rock solid and I wanted to run my tongue over each and every one.

"Um, Earth to Catalina? Are you listening?" My thoughts were, unfortunately, cut short by Emmett.

"Yeah sorry. Where were we? Oh right, you're a werewolf? Is that even possible? Or is someone hiding with a camera? First, my so called mother sells me over the internet to some stranger! And then that stranger informs me I'm his "soul mate" and he's a werewolf! So please, just save the trouble and call out the camera man." I pleaded.

"Hey, calm down. This is real. I was just searching for a date. My dad, the old Alpha, told me I needed to find a Luna. An Alpha is the leader of the our pack. The Luna is the female leader. She is the mate to the Alpha and is just as powerful as he is. Mates are what humans call "soul mates". This person is meant for you. The Moon Goddess creates this person just for us. We werewolves are protective, loving, caring and extremely possessive over our mates. I am the Alpha of this pack here. It's called the Bloodstone Pack and it's the biggest pack in the world. Do you have any questions?" He asked.

How was I supposed to respond?

"So I'm your mate? If so then why were you searching for one on the computer?"

"I've been looking for my mate for two years. I'm 18 and I've been waiting for you my whole life. So I got tired of waiting. I just started googling and when I saw the ad that was selling you, I couldn't resist you. I could hear my wolf-"

"Hold on, your wolf? What do you mean?" I asked.

"My inner wolf is the wolf I turn into. We share a mental connection and it even makes it so I can mind link, mentally chat, with anyone in my pack. He's the one who told me you were my mate. I could feel it too but he has the stronger senses. That's why I bought you. I can't believe someone would sell a person." He explained.

"Wait, if you wanted me for your mate, then why did Tommy practically hand rape me?"

"HE WHAT!" Emmett shouted. He got up and threw the lamp that was next to me. It scared the hell out of me. I jumped over the couch and backed against the wall. I huddled under the blanket. Emmett noticed and stopped his tantrum. The anger in his eyes softened and he walked over to me. He crouched down and I could feel my self shaking.

"Oh my goodness Catalina, I'm so sorry. I lost my temper. Tommy was just supposed to pick you up, feed you, and drop you off to me. He's one of my best friends I can't believe he'd pull this shit on my mate! I'm here to protect you. I put my trust in the wrong guy. I'm sorry he tried to take advantage of you, I will make sure it doesn't happen again. He won't be able to hurt you. No one will. I can promise you that." He pulled me into his arms and carried me onto the couch. He laid me on top of him and wrapped the blanket around us. Everything he just told me hit me and I just burst into tears. Emmett stayed with me with his hands wrapped around my waist. He let me cry and just murmured cute things in my ear until I fell asleep.

******************************

*Edited*