Chapter Twenty Eight: It's A Revolution, I Suppose

McKenzie bolted upright with a gasp, startling the nurses who had been tending to Thor. They ran out of the room, terrified. Her chest heaved as she breathed heavily, sucking in as much air as she could. It felt like she had been holding her breath for hours.

"See," Thor said confidently, looking over to a large hot tub, where the Hulk could just be seen through the steam. "I told you she wasn't dead."

The Hulk grunted. "Angel stay."

"Yeah," McKenzie said, checking herself over for injuries. There wasn't a single bruise. She swallowed, then turned her attention back to the boys, making an effort to smile. "You don't get rid of me that easily." She got to her feet, sharing a look with Thor. "Am I hallucinating, or is Hulk in a hot tub?"

Thor grinned. "I know. We talked about the fight thing. We're cool."

"Oh, good," she nodded. She made her way over to the edge of the hot tub, sitting on the edge to dangle her legs in. "So, how long have you been like that?"

"Like what?" the Hulk asked, staring at her moodily.

"You know, like this," she replied. "Big, green."

"Stupid," Thor added. She shot him a look.

The Hulk scowled. "Hulk always Hulk."

McKenzie blinked. "Right. Helpful."

Behind her, Thor stood at the window, observing Sakaar in the daytime. As he watched, a spaceship attempted to make an exit through one of the wormholes before being shot down. His brow furrowed, and he turned back to the Hulk as McKenzie asked him another question. "How'd you get here?"

"Winning," Hulk replied.

Thor narrowed his eyes. "You mean cheating?" He tapped the obedience disc on his neck. "Were they wearing one of these when you won?"

McKenzie rolled her eyes. "Oi, quit it. I meant, how did you arrive here?"

The Hulk mimed a plane crashing into the water, complete with sound effects. "Quinjet."

"Yes, where is the Quinjet now?" Thor asked. The Hulk got to his feet and walked out of the hot tub, completely naked.

"Oh my God." McKenzie covered her eyes. "Jeez, no one wants to see that, man."

Thor looked away. "That's naked. He's... very naked."

"That's in my brain now," McKenzie complained.

The Hulk ignored them both, stabbing at the window with his finger. "Quinjet." He walked off, hopefully to put some clothes on, and Thor and McKenzie looked out of the window to see the Quinjet abandoned in the middle of a massive alien junkyard.

"Brilliant," McKenzie grinned.

"Yes!" Thor cheered. "We are getting out of here." He turned back to Hulk, who was now wearing a huge alien kilt. "This is a terrible, awful place. You're gonna love Asgard. It's big. It's golden. Shiny."

The Hulk scowled, biting into a pumpkin. "Hulk stay."

"No, no, no," Thor shook his head. "My people need me to get back to Asgard. We must prevent Ragnarok."

"Ragnaruh?"

"The prophesied death of his homeworld, the end of days, basically," McKenzie explained, before rolling her eyes at the Hulk's blank expression. "Look, if you help us get back to Asgard, I'll help you get back to Earth. I'll get you home, I promise."