Chapter 7- If I Have To I Will

"Molly go lay down for a bit. You're exhausted" Cristiano said after the doctor had given them an update, which was actually not really an update since they weren't told anything more than they already knew. "I'll sleep when Junior is better" she said as she tied the strings of the apron she had put on. He watched as she placed the other necessary items she had to wear before she could step inside Junior room. "Take a break when Maé comes ok" he said. "Fine" she said pushing open the door.

He sighed and rested his head against the door. He just needed Junior to get better and then hope things would get better he thought. He walked out of the ICU and pulled his phone out of his pocket. "Hey Nuno" he said once his cousin answered. "Hey Cris, is everything ok?" Nuno asked. "There's still no change. Do you still have keys to Molly's place?" Cristiano asked. "Ya why?" Nuno asked. "I need you to do a couple of things for me" Cristiano said as a man came towards him and slid down by the wall. "Thanks Nuno" Cristiano said hanging up the phone.

The man eyed Cristiano who shrugged. "I know I shouldn't use this in here" Cristiano said about the phone. "Won't make the kids any better if you didn't" the man shrugged. "Are you ok?" Cristiano asked. "The doctors are driving me insane. They won't give us a straight answer about our daughter" he said. "I'm sorry. It's not easy seen your child sick" Cristiano said.

"She's been sick for a while. She has leukaemia. She's only seven" the man said pulling out his wallet and he showed Cristiano the picture of his little girl. "She's gorgeous" Cristiano said handing him back the wallet as he took a seat on the floor across from him.

"We were meant to find out if she was in remission yesterday but they still can't tell us" the man said. "I'm sure they will soon" Cristiano said. "I'm sure your son will be ok soon too" the man said. "Thank you" Cristiano replied. "It's hard not to notice the press outside. Plus I'm a United fan. Ash" the man said holding his hand out. "Cristiano" Cristiano said as they shook hands.

"What has you in Madrid? You're English right?" Cristiano asked. "Met a girl" Ash said. "Ah" Cristiano replied. "The start of my troubles" Ash said. "But you have your daughter" Cristiano said. "Ya I have Olivia. Plus me and her mother don't always hate each other. I'm sorry you don't want to hear this" Ash said. "It's ok" Cristiano replied. "We were always friends. We slept with each other a few times and she got pregnant. We stayed close. I couldn't picture her not being in my life but we just....we like to bicker" Ash said. "I know what bickering is like" Cristiano said.

"She's really cute when she gets mad though. Well not right now. We aren't on the best of terms right now" Ash said. "You're both just worried about your daughter" Cristiano said. "She's so stubborn too. Putting everyone before herself. I swear I thought she was going to kill me when Olivia first got sick. I had to annoy her to take care of herself" he said.

"But she did?" Cristiano asked. "Ya. I just wish things could go back to how they were when Olivia was a baby. We were a great threesome back then. Before illness and other relationships" Ash said.

"I guess you just have to figure out if it's worth all the trouble or if you and she should just be friends" Cristiano said and Ash smiled. "She's nothing but trouble but she's my trouble. If you understand" Ash said. "Ya I understand" Cristiano said as the door to the corridor opened.

"Molly" Cristiano said standing when she saw that she had tears in her eyes. "Can you sit with Junior?" she asked. "Of course. Are you ok?" he asked. "I just....I'll be back in a few minutes" she said leaving the two men. "I should go to my son" Cristiano said. "It's tough on the Dad's but it's even tougher for the mothers to see the children so sick. She'll be ok" Ash told Cristiano. "I hope your right. And I hope your daughter gets good news" Cristiano said shaking Ash's hand before he headed back to Junior's room.