Chapter 16

"So...?" Kat drawled, cupping her chin in her hands as she placed her elbows on the cafeteria table. I glanced at her, slowly eating my chocolate covered strawberry. "What are everyone's plans for tomorrow?"

It's been a few days since that first morning with Cole; actually it was a day before Valentine's Day today! Valentine's Day Eve - is that even a word? Never mind.

"Amanda's having a party at her place, most of the school's going," shrugged Sam. Most of the table made sounds of agreement as Amanda sat there with a proud and smug expression on her makeup caked face. "You girls should come." At those words Amanda put on a completely fake smile on her face though an outsider would have thought she looked friendly and amiable, I knew better.

"Yeah, come." she practically choked out. I stifled a giggle. She so wanted us there huh?

"No thanks," I said, taking a sip of my chocolate milkshake. "I got better things to do," I shrugged giving everyone a nonchalant look.

"What bout you Trin?" Sam asked Kat, using that special nickname of his. Kat sighed dreamily for a second before regaining her composure. I snickered under my breath at her flustered look. God was she whipped...

"Uh...?" she said glancing at me and Sam repeatedly. She knew I didn't want to go to Amanda's party but I also knew that she wanted to go with Sam, and she didn't exactly need me there nor need my permission but she was being a loyal friend. And being a friend, I also had to let her go.

"It's okay kitty Kat, go ahead. I'm gonna spend my day with my special someone anyway." I shrugged, giving her a sly wink to tell her exactly who it was and keep things light yet curious between our fellow peers. A grin slowly spread on her face as she hugged me.

"Just use some protection okay?" she whispered in my ear, discreetly, so no one else could hear, and giggled. I pulled away and smacked her arm.

"Bitch" I muttered but my smile gave away the fact that I wasn't really angry.

"You know you love me!" she exclaimed, picking up a piece of cucumber from my salad and twirling it around before devouring it.

"Touché," I commended her, shaking my head.

"A special someone eh? Anyone we know Riley?" Holly asked, giving me a curious glance as she finally dislodged her mouth from Daniel Baker - cornerback of the football team.

"Is he the same someone from that picture?" Sierra winked at me. "Damn girl, he looked hot!"

"Maybe," I shrugged just as the bell rang. I picked up my finished milkshake and threw it into the bin just as Kat came round and hooked her elbow in mine with a big grin on her face that probably had nothing to do with me but a certain brunette. But of course that's just me.

--------------------------------------

I sat on my bed, humming a mindless tune as I did a French tip to my nails. I just finished the last nail, my right pinky finger, and brought the hand to my mouth to blow on the nails when the doorbell sounded.

Huh?

I checked the time on my clock and it said 7:30. That's odd. Wasn't Kat at the party already? I mean she was ready when I left an hour ago from her place...

When the doorbell rang for the second time, I shot out of bed, slipping my feet into my slippers as I yelled out,

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Forgetting my nails for moment, I dashed down the stairs. I yanked the door open, only to be greeted by two kid-ish screams!

"What the...?" I trailed off, looking between the three blondes standing at my doorstep. One male, tall and familiar, the other two albeit shorter hiding behind each of his legs while he shuffled his feet uncomfortably and avoided my eye. Okay...