Chapter 17

• Dedicated to Everyone Who's Stuck Around

"For the last time Zach, you cannot watch the 'Lord Of The Rings' series!" I exclaimed as I tried to explain to the 9 year old who pouted back at me and crossed his arms across his chest in annoyance. We'd been at it for ten minutes now... and I was slowly but surely losing my mind. 

"Can we watch Harry Potter?" asked Zoe quietly, as her twin still sulked.  

"Yes!" I yelled, throwing a hand up in the air in victory. Harry Potter wasn't bad, gory or for adults. Perfect.  

"Oh so you listen to her suggestion but not mine. I see how it is," he grumbled. I rolled my eyes and turned my head to acknowledge him. 

"Zach, Harry Potter is for kids. Movies that you suggested, oh like Saw, Lord of the Rings, even Scary Movie? These aren't for kids." Who even suggested these movies to this kid? He shouldn't know any of them, yet he wants to watch them. He just huffed. 

"Harry Potter is?" he retorted. Zoe just sat there going through my entire collection of Harry Potter to see which one she liked the best. I'm so going with her decision. 

"Yes!" He rolled his eyes. 

"There's a giant in that! And a guy in a black robe that has no nose." 

"Voldemort?" I supplied, tired of the bickering, as I rubbed my temples. 

"Yeah that guy."  

"Zach, sweetie, please don't make this difficult. I'm tired and exhausted and just wanna eat and crawl into my bed, so please. Can we just watch Harry Potter?" I pleaded with the blonde who contemplated what I said before slowly nodding. 

"Okay, but only if you promise I can have ice cream for dessert! And can we watch the 4th one? That's the coolest!" he exclaimed. 

"Zoe is that fine with you?" I inquired; glad I got Zach to finally understand, even though he was daling a good bargain. God was he a handful! 

"Yeah personally, 'Goblet Of Fire's' my favorite one" she admitted, as she left me with a mess of a stack of DVD's and crawled nest to her twin on the couch. Thank god! 

"Yes!" I exclaimed, throwing a hand up in victory as I did a small victory dance. 

Time to make a small mental note. No more babysitting. Like Ever!  

Don't get me wrong, I love kids, I really do but babysitting? As in taking care of them? Cynthia was a different case altogether. She didn't whine much and was, well as much as I'm ashamed to say, not much of my responsibility. Sarah's the one who brought her up. I did the job of annoying her as a sister, being overprotective of her at school, helped her with her homework but I never had to clean up after her, never make sure she's eaten her meals, in bed at the right time. No I didn't do that.  

"Aha! Here we go!" I muttered as the movie started up. "I'm going to pop into the kitchen for a bit, I'll be back in a few," I let them know. A nod in my direction was all I got as a response. I shrugged and went into the kitchen to see Sarah bustling about. 

"Sarah?" I cocked my head to the side. She squealed and turned to glare at me. 

"Riri, how many times do I have to tell you, young lady, to not sneak up on me? I swear, one of these days you'll give me a heart attack." She said as she placed a hand on her chest and took a breath of relief. 

"Sorry." I replied sheepishly as I went to the fridge to get a bottle of water. I chugged it down as Sarah stirred a pot full of something. 

"What cha making?" I asked, as I set myself on the edge of the counter, swinging my legs back and forth.