➳ 29

INCOMING CALL FROM DYLAN SPRAYBERRY

ANSWER | DECLINE

ANSWER

"Please stop," Moony whispered to the person on the other end of the line, "I'm trying to be mad at you, honestly! I just want you to feel like I did over those months! You made me feel like I'd done something wrong, and now you're calling me every day like nothing happened! Well, that's not going to work, Dylan, okay? I want to know what I did wrong— I just— I thought I meant more to you than that! I thought you were better than that! Obviously I was wrong— Jesus, Dylan, what the hell was—? I went to your Mom's house to try to talk to you! I sat on your front porch for hours while you pretended not to be there! Dylan, why did you—?"

"I'm in love with you. That's what— I was just trying to figure it out, and that's why— that's why." Dylan sighed, and Moony knew— she knew that Dylan was leaning against a wall with a hand buried in his hair, because it was such a Dylan thing to do when he announced something like this. "I'm in love with you."

"What?"

"I love you."

END CALL

---

oooh

so, basically, moony was prompted to talk to him by cara, but every time i tried to write that particular conversation, i hated it, bc i was trying to do it like irl, because i feel like that's how cara would get moony to listen to her. so yeah. this just happened.

also, i needed to get something up- i was going to update on my birthday (my 19th birthday was on the 19th) but the day turned to hell and i just wanted to sleep, so yeah. sorry for the late update, guys! but, i'm off uni until the 9th of january, so i should have a few updates out by then!