Prologue

In the beginning, there was darkness;

The girl's arms lay beside her, framing her body, hands gently sinking into the forest's earth. A sudden jolt, a powerful energy seeping through the soles of her feet and travelling up her spine stirred her up; her lips parted, gasping for breath, greedily gulping the frosty air of the day.

Slowly, her eyelids opened, adjusting to the glow of the moonlight and the shadows of the night.

A lightning bolt appeared, booming in the distance, the unfamiliar surroundings illuminating for the briefest of moments; the wind picked up its momentum rustling the leaves in a frantic dance around her, mocking her of how fast things could spin out of control.

Never was the girl confined to such obscurity, to such imperfection; amidst the eeriness of her predicament, she quietly surrendered to her fate because of her actions.

Raising herself from the ground and gazing towards the sullen sky she finally whispered

'I have fallen.'

Author's Note/Thank you for dedicating your time  reading  this work in progress of a story, and hopefully the beginning of what will be a true roller-coaster! As it is my first story, I'm sorry in advance for all the grammatical misuses and complete atrocities that will probably feature throughout this story, I believe that with time I will be able to improve and deliver something worthy for you to read! Anyway, for now I'm so happy to share this story with all of you. 

G. /