Chapter 1

/Flashback/

My bare feet glided across the soft grass, the children screeching in laughter as I chased after them. I couldn't help but notice the grass of a vivid green, nourished and healthy, as if someone took the time to care for each individual blade of grass. Nothing looked out of place as I jogged slowly and took in the scenery, enjoying the rays of sunshine on my skin, the tranquillity that surrounded the gardens and how in harmony everyone seemed to be, lost in their own little bubbles, appreciating every moment as if it were their first. I smiled and languidly came to a halt near the docks which connected the gardens to the beautiful little pond engulfed by a myriad of colourful flowers. "Well done kids, you bet me again today! Next time you'll need to give me a bit of an advantage or else I'll be left in the dust" some of the kids giggled in delight whilst others gave me big toothy grins, chatting animatedly with each other and thanking me for the fun day.

With promises of seeing them the next day, I slowly retreat to my cabin, walking on the glistening gold-like path. Looking around, the perfection of my world never ceases to amaze me. Everything is accentuated by gold, adding richness and warmth to everything with which it is associated - it illuminates and enhances everything around it. Gold is embedded in our souls; it is generous and giving, compassionate and loving, sharing its wisdom, knowledge and wealth with others. We are of essence made of gold. We are not defined by time, death and decay and we thrive through happiness and being in harmony with everything and everyone. We are not stained by the evils of other worlds, but graced with the goodness and purity of the sun. 

 I find myself approaching the small crystal house and entering the pristine hall, only to hear the alluring melody of a song being sung by my parents. I stifle a giggle as I approach the back garden, seeing my parents dancing and twirling in the air, their flawless auras combining into one, their wings caressing one another like the gentle touch of a mother's embrace. They are soulmates, two ethereal beings who connect on every level, that share every step of their existences together. A soulmates love is said to be the purest and strongest form of love. Everyone has a soulmate, their other half, the person who completes the remaining part of your soul. As I look up to them, I am filled with a sense of content, knowing that one day I will experience those same emotions, sharing my life with that special someone. "Celestial.." I'm drawn out of my thoughts, seeing my parents now walking towards me, big smiles on their faces, my mum calling my name, trying to catch my attention. "Celestial we have some exciting news for you" says my dad handing me an opened letter with my name eloquently written in gold. Confusion is etched on my face but driven by curiosity I gently open the letter and softly begin to mumble  "Dear Celestial... approval... It is a great honour... your selfless and pure qualities... assigned the position as guardian...blessed be your soul, the higher council" I'm flabbergast and shocked as I process this information. "But how is it possible? With everyone they could have chosen why me? I mean, how could I-.." my mum gently lays a hand on my shoulder and hugs me " Celestial, our hearts are filled with pride and joy, you deserve the place as guardian angel. Just like us, the council was able to see your selflessness, your kindness and empathy towards others and decided to reward you. Be happy my girl, you'll be privileged to the teachings surrounding the other realms and guarding our world from harm's way".

That was the catalyst that would define the rest of my days; My ingenuity and naivety clouded by my serenity, would very soon be replaced with emotions and sentiments I had never known or heard of before, shattering the very idea that we were perfect beings governed by goodness and honesty. As I'd soon discover, it wasn't the other realms we needed to be afraid of, but the evil corrupting within, slowly tainting people's souls, and the secrets the council wasn't keen on sharing. 

What I did know, however,  was that as guardian angel, I would do anything in my power to reveal the fabricated lies of our world and protect those who needed it the most. 

A/N. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! As it is just the beginning, the first few chapters will be the building blocks to my story, revealing essential information to the story-line.  I don't want to reveal too much, but this story will include angels (not in the conventional sense and portrayal) and werewolves (yes, yes, I'll get there). 
Thank you again ,

/G.