What are you up to?

Lexa slipped out from underneath Clarke and checked on the twins. Leif was wide awake, staring at his mobile. His eyes shifted to her face and he started babbling to her. Lexa peeked over at Arryn’s crib and saw her still sound asleep. She bent over and picked Leif up, laying his head on her shoulder.

“It looks like Arryn has developed your mommy’s sleeping habits and you got mine. Let’s make mommy some breakfast before she wakes up” Lexa grabbed his car seat and walked out of the room into the kitchen. She sat his seat on the counter before strapping him in. “I’m going to find you some milk first. How do you feel about that?” Lexa found one of his bottles and took the pitcher of milk out of their fridge. She poured his milk and put the bottle in the warmer before turning on the stove. Leif followed her movements as much as he could at his age. “So what should we make her?” Lexa paused, pretending to wait for his answer. “I’m thinking pancakes too” She checked his bottle before giving it to him. Leif wasted no time finishing off his milk, turning away from the bottle once he was finished. Putting his bottle to the side, Lexa pulled out everything she needed to make Clarke and herself breakfast. She handed him his mini football to keep him busy while she cooked.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Clarke” Lexa pressed a kiss to her girlfriend’s forehead, smiling when the blonde turned away from her. “I made you breakfast. Arryn is still asleep. Our little quarterback is full, playing with his football” Clarke opened one eye to look at Lexa.

“What did you make?”

“Get up and see” Clarke groaned but sat up anyway. Lexa placed the tray on her lap then sat beside her on the bed.

“What did you do?”

“What do you mean?” Lexa asked, grabbing a fork off the tray.

“You made me breakfast for no reason. Why? You must have done something”

“Nope. I just wanted to do something special for you, love of my life, mother of my children”

“You’re making me more suspicious” Lexa was about to answer when someone knocked on the door. She winked at Clarke before going to answer the door. “We’re not done with this conversation” Looking through the peephole, she saw Well leaning against the far wall.

“Wells, what are you doing here? It’s your day off”

“Can I talk to Clarke?”

“Yeah, she’s in the bedroom. Are you okay?” Wells didn’t answer, instead he walked into their bedroom and sat on the edge of their bed. Clarke looked up from her food and smiled at her friend.

“Wells, what’s wrong?”

“My dad called. He’s coming for a visit and he’s bring my ex girlfriend” Wells paused, releasing a shaky breath “and our two month old daughter, Morgan”

“Lex?”

“Yeah, love” Clarke ignored Lexa’s new term of endearment for her and asked her question regardless.