psychic refugee | 2

They enter the club and Jane already knows that this isn't Daria's kind of scene. It's sticky, humid, hot and noisy but she doesn't hear any complaints from Daria. At least not yet.

They do have one thing in common: strange fashion sense; at least according to Quinn, a member of the 'prestigious' fashion club at school. It isn't very important unless you value popularity, which is the least of Jane and Daria's worry.

"You look fabulous, Daria. Trent is one lucky guy," Jane nudges her only friend on the arm. If it isn't for their great sense of humour, it's their sarcasm that should be awarded.

Daria looks at Jane with unease and sighs.

"Don't worry, this won't be long. He's probably backstage-" she pauses for a second. "Or late. Like 30 minutes late but this is important to him so he'll be here soon enough."

"Fine," Daria looks defeated.

"That's the stuff," Jane says before walking towards the bar, with Daria trailing behind where she sees an intimidatingly beautiful woman sitting alone.

All Jane sees at the moment is that this girl keeps her midriff bare, wears tattoos, and dresses in hip clothing. She blends in well with this crowd.

Jane sits a chair away beside the girl and turns to Daria. "Any drinks you wish to consume?"

"I don't drink," Daria responds. It was typical of her best friend to turn down a drink.

"Loosen up, will ya? Trent loves his girls wild." Jane jokes and raises her hand for the bartender.

"I'm not his other girls and most definitely not wild," her friend replies with annoyance and she knew she needed to buy her friend a drink.

"Feisty, he loves that," Jane continues to jest and quickly switches her attention to the bartender in front of her to avoid Daria's glare.

"What would you like, Jane?" Tom the bartender charmingly asks her. He already has a glass ready in hand and a towel hanging on his shoulder.

"Long island iced tea, please," Jane answers smoothly as if asked a hundredth times. "And a shot of vodka for my friend here."

"Jane!" Daria squeals and shakes her head disapprovingly. Jane then laughs and waves her hand to dismiss the order. Tom shakes his head with a chuckle before leaving the counter to make the drink.

And in the midst of all the screaming, her brother's voice can be heard. "We are Mystik Spiral and this song's called 'Psychic Refugee'." After three seconds of silence, louder and harsher noise were made by the band.

"I'll be right back," she tells Daria and without waiting for her reply, she goes straight to the dirty bathroom covered in graffiti and phone numbers.

Tom looks nice as always, she thinks so every time she visits her brother but she doesn't want to think about it and so she doesn't when the beautiful raven haired girl enters the bathroom with a mischievous smile on her pretty face.

"Hi, I'm Alison. Mystik Spiral is really something, huh?"

Tom has left her mind for the whole night ever since.