sick sad world | 6

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Daria asks Jane as she closes her locker. "You seem distracted."

"Yeah, I'd rather be somewhere else," Jane replies her best friend.

"We should go somewhere. Pizza King?" Daria proposes as she leads the way.

"Not really. My bed and TV. That's somewhere else," Jane thinks of turning a sharp turn but it's a little too late. Kevin and Britney spots them and waves.

"Hey, Daria!" Kevin calls out, jogging beside Daria and Jane. "So like, what should we do for our science project?"

"Kevvy," Britney whines, stomping beside Kevin. "You're supposed to watch the cheering team after school!"

"I'm sorry, babe." Kevin apologizes, giving her the puppy face look. "But I really need to pass this or else I can't play football and I'm the quarterback!"

"You're right, kevvy. You're the most handsome and most important one in the team, you're also my boy friend. I might have to break up with you if you get kicked out!" Britney shrieks and runs away in terror while Kevin looks at her mortified.

"Don't worry, Kevin. I'll handle it," Daria says, side glancing her best friend.

"No, but I really want to help!" Kevin replies enthusiastically as he spins his football.

"Fine, be in my house by 5," Daria sighs in defeat while Kevin fist bumps the air.

"All right, Daria! I'll see ya later!"

"Wow, you're having a quarterback in your house," Jane finally speaks up, her brow arched.

"It'd be easier to work alone. I don't know what he's going to do," Daria purses her lip as she meets the outside.

"Don't worry, you'll figure something out. You're Daria," Jane notices that Daria is no longer paying attention to their conversation but outside.

And she follows Daria's eyes and sees the angel from her nightmare.