1

We meet each other when we're just babies.

I'm really glad to meet you. 7 billion people in this world and I get to meet you.

• • •

"Hi I'm Iwaizumi Hajime. Nice to meet you."

"Hi hi! I'm Oikawa Tooru!"

Tooru, Oikawa Tooru. 及川 徹.

That's your name, it sounds beautiful. A name that I will never forget.

"Welcome to this world, Oikawa."

"Pftt Hajime, are you some kind of owner of this world? Cause you sound like one when you actually welcome me to this world."

"Is that even funny?"

"Well yes haha"

We talked baby language to each other and laughed.

Your smiles are like sunshine, melting the snow, warming and sweet.I love your beautiful dark brown eyes, they are like chocolates. You have a layer of thin pink dusted on your cheeks, its adorable. The way your eyes glows a bit when you smile, its breathtakingly gorgeous. Yes, you are just like sunshine, my sunshine.

I love your smiles and I love it even more when I'm the reason behind it.

I'm not alone anymore when you came, I have a person to talk to. A person that understands me.

"Hajime, will you ever leave me?"

You're just five months old and yet you think of these weird things.

"No I won't leave you, Oikawa."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

The first promise we ever made to each other.

"Hajime look! Mom bought me a new toy!"

You showed me your new toys every single time and shared it with me. You don't share it with your cousins but you share it with me, maybe I'm a bit special to you? Just a little will make me very happy, really.

"Iwa-chan~"

"Why did you call me that?"

"I'm gonna save Hajime for special occasion~"

"Can't you just call me Iwaizumi?"

"Its hard to pronounce and its too long, Iwa-chan!"

"...Fine..."

You then started calling me Iwa-chan when you are one years old. I acted like I'm annoyed but deep inside my heart I'm really happy, happy to meet you, be your friend, and just being with you makes me happy.

"Come on Tooru! Say mommy! Mom-my!~"

"I-Iw"

"Come on you can do it babe!~"

"... I-Iwa-chan!"

Your mom told my mom that your first word was my name. And you know what?

"Hajime say mommy~ say daddy~"

"Oi"

"Mom-my~ Dad-dy~"

"..."

"Come on darling! Keep trying!"

"...Oi-Oikawa..."

My first word was your name too.

Soon I learned how to crawl by some miracle or was it. When my mom brings me to your house, I started to crawl circles around you, I wanted to show you how to crawl so next time you can crawl with me. But you started crying.

"Wahhhhh Iwa-chan!!! Don't leave me!! Iwa-channnnnn!!!!"

I stopped and crawl to your side, touched your cheeks gently

"Hey hey, I'm not leaving you Oikawa."

"B-but you... You are going further and further!"

"I will always come back Oikawa, now stop crying."

"But I wanna be together with you, always! Don't leave me behind!"

"Alright, I'm not leaving anymore. I want to be together with you too."

"Really Iwa-chan?"

"Yes."

I will never leave you, never.

Even if I'm forced to be away from you, I will always come back to you no matter what, always, I promise.

Soon you learned how to crawl too. Maybe its miracle again? You were a slow crawler and a lazy one. You will crawl slowly and then you'll fall asleep on the floor, such a lazy guy you were. That's one time I wanted to wake you up so you'll play with me but I think I accidentally hit your head too hard and you started crying. Me too, I never thought that your head is so hard when its actually full of useless things inside.

"Wahhhhhhhh Iwa-chan! Why did you hit my headdddd"

"*Sobs* S-sorry Oikawa... I-I just wanna p-play with ya...*sobs*"

"It hurtssssss wahhhhhh!!!"

From that day on, I made a promise to myself to never hurt you ever again. I hate to see you cry, I hate it a lot. If anyone made you cry, I'll punch that useless fellow. I'll do my best to protect you, keeping your happy smiles on that beautiful face of yours.

When we are four, our moms send us to the same kindergarten. You don't want to go for some reason and clinged onto your mom so tightly on the first day.

"Hey Oikawa, let's go to school!"

"Nooooo"

"Come on! It'll be fun! You get to play with other kids!"

"Nooo! I only want to play with Iwa-chan!"

"Oikawa come on! You said you want to be together and yet now you're pushing me away?"

"..no.."

"If you go to school then I'm leaving you behind, Oikawa. Bye."

"Wait! IWA-CHAN!!!"

"Well come on then"

I reached for your hand and holded it tightly. We holded hands to school and you look pretty happy, was it because you made new friends? Or was it because we're holding hands?

"Hey Iwa-chan, we will be together forever right?"

"Yea, together forever."

People were greedy, they want lots of things, always dreaming that they can have a genie, making their wishes come true. Wishing for the money, wishing for the power, wishing for success. For me, I have lots of wishes too. But then I realize out of all these wishes, all I ever wanted was to be together with you. I wouldn't say forever since its such a long time and people change even if you wouldn't admit it. Its true, who knows what will happen after 10 or even 20 years later? Will we still be together? Or we've part ways?

Being together with you as long as possible until you got sick of me, until you hate me, until you don't need me anymore. But before that, I want to be together with you.

Together.

I'm sorry if its weird and lame I tried ;_;

anyway this is the first time I wrote a long fanfic so I hope u guys enjoy it :3

And also I'll update the story every weekend :)

Till then ;)