2

"Hey Iwa-chan! The teacher told me that when Hajime combines with Tooru means dauntless! But what's the meaning of that?"

"It means brave and determine Oikawa."

"Oh! So we are very brave when we're together?"

"Yeah I guess so."

When Hajime(一)and Tooru (徹)combinates together it means dauntless. We're brave and determine when we're together. Determine for victory together.

I heard this from my mom once, she says that this might be fate. Fate that brought us together, meeting each other, being together never apart. She said that we are really dauntless when we're together.

At first I don't really know why are we dauntless together, its not like we're really brave when we're together.

When we're six, you brought a weird looking ball to my house. It has two colors on it, blue and yellow. It looks quite hard, I wonder will your arms broke when it hits you hard.

"Iwa-chan! Look this is a volleyball! My dad played this and he thought me how to play it, let me teach you!"

"Sure Oikawa."

"So I'm gonna start with receives, its the most basic ones in volleyball."

You were the one who bring volleyball into my life, teaching me how to serve, receive, spike and toss. At first I don't really love it that much, I just like to see your face when you play volleyball. Concentrated and cute.

"My dad's a setter for their team, one day I wanna be a setter like him!"

You told me this under the beautiful blue sky, your dark brown eyes filled with determination. A setter huh?

"Iwa-chan, which position would you like to be?"

"I don't know."

"You don't like volleyball?"

"I don't hate it."

That's right, I don't hate it but I don't really love it as well. Maybe one day I'll find it, I'll find my passion for volleyball just like you did. We kept playing volleyball together everyday. I asked you don't you ever got tired of it playing it every single day.

"No I won't get tired of it. Because I love volleyball, a lot."

You answered me with a smile. Sometimes I don't really get you, you are a person that is very determine when you found something you have passion  for just like your love for volleyball and also aliens. Your determination is so strong I just can't seem to stop you sometimes. How or where did you get that spirit from?

You are weird, I've told you many times that aliens doesn't exist and yet you still wanna find it. You work yourself to your limits when you love the thing so much and I'm afraid that you might hurt yourself one day.

"Iwa-chan help me practice my tosses!"

You then started calling me to help you practice your tosses. You want me to hit your tosses, but to be honest your tosses were really bad. I tried to hit your tosses all the time and failed every time. Sometimes its too far away, sometimes its too short and there's even once you hit my face with your toss. Despite of all the fails, you still haven't gave up, you are so strong.

After a long time, you finally got your tosses right and that time we're already in elementary school. Playing volleyball with you, hitting your tosses, I finally have the passion for volleyball and I found the position I wanted to be.

"Hey Oikawa"

"Yes Iwa-chan?"

"I think I know what position I want to be in volleyball."

"Oh? What is it?"

"An Ace."

I wanted to be your ace, your spiker, spiking all your tosses pass the block. I love spiking your tosses, I love it very much.

When we're in middle school, we got into the volleyball club. As a first year, there's no way I can be an ace right away even being a regular is not possible right away. For the first half year we just sat of the bench, watching our senpais play. I could see that you wanted to play so badly you keep on practing non stop, you wanted to be on the court.

"Oikawa, don't over work yourself."

"I want to be a better setter, I want to be on the court."

You know if you can be on the court right now, you're actually leaving me behind.

"If you manage to be on the court, then you're leaving me behind, Oikawa."

"W-what?"

"You told me not to leave you behind, don't you remember? And now you're leaving me? Where's our promise we made when we're kids Oikawa? What happened to always being Together?"

"Iwa-chan..."

I'm a selfish jerk, not wanting to let go of you. Being together, that's what our promise is. I don't want to watch you play while I'm just sitting there on the bench, being useless. I want to be on the court with you, spike your amazing tosses, together.

In the end both of us didn't get the chance to play in our first year. Second year, we finally got that chance. We received our jersey. Mine was 6 while yours were 5. You're really happy and you couldn't sleep that night.

"Iwa-chan! I'm so happy!"

"I'm happy too Oikawa"

"We're finally get to play on the court together huh"

"Yeah together. Now you better sleep now, tomorrow we got a practice match."

Finally we got to play, together in the court. I'm not an ace since we still have our senpais but at least I got to play. Oikawa, with talents had became the official setter of the team. That makes me happy, in other people's eyes you're a genius that born with talents. But I know better than anyone else, the afford you put into it, you are no genius but you gave it all you got, and you deserve this.

Matches we played together in these two years of middle school, I finally understand why my mom said we're dauntless together. We met lots of powerful rivals on this road, like that guy called Ushijima. Fear filled me every time we meet these kind of rivals, sometimes I just want to run away.

"Iwa-chan be brave, I believe in you."

I believe in you... These four words gave me some kind of power somehow that let me be able to fight. Sometimes youll get discouraged too, and its my turn to cheer you up, to keep our fighting spirit.

"Iwa-chan I believe in you."

You said this to me before every match. Together, we are brave and our determination for victory is strong. We are dauntless together.

This is the longest chapter in this book I think haha xD

Its almost 2am rn and I'm still doing prayers I'm so tired ;_; sry for being weak lmao