A Beautiful Mess || Mistletoe

ALLI

Mason closed the door with his foot, both his hands filled with a mug of hot chocolate each. He smiled and handed me a mug. "For you my lady," he said.

I took the mug with a smile. "Thank you kind sir."

He sat next to me on the carpet.

Mason and I had come upstairs after Kat's brother, Treyvon's friends had come over, making our annual Christmas party more crowded than either of us was used to. We sat on the carpet in the guest room in front of the bed, neither of us wanting to mess up the bed.

I looked down at the mug. It was more marshmallow then it was hot chocolate.

Just like Mason to do that.

I smiled and took a sip of my hot chocolate.

Mason and I had spent Christmas together since we first met but now it was different. We had finally admitted our feelings for each other a few weeks earlier and started dating shortly after that.

This Christmas wasn't like the others when we had created snow angels and given each other gag gifts. I had spent hours searching for a good present for Mason before finding a good one that I hoped he would like.

"Take a picture," he said, with a slight smile.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're staring Alli."

"Sorry." I turned away.

With his mug in one hand, he reached for my hand.

I watched as he brought my hand to his lip and kissed it softly.

"It's fine," he said. "I like it when you stare. It's an ego booster."

I shoved him and he laughed.

"I'm just kidding," he said and pulled me closer.

I placed my mug a safe distance away from me and settled into his arms.

"I like it when you stare because it shows how much you love me," he said. "You don't say it much but, it's in your eyes."

I smiled faintly.

We laid there for a while in comfortable silence, so caught up in the conversation of the universe that we didn't hear anything until the door burst open.

"You two disgust me," Kat said from the door.

She was wearing a black sweater dress, grey boots and a Santa hat. Around her neck was the strap of her camera.

"Said the girl in the most disgustingly cute relationship ever," I replied.

She tilted her head to the side. "I don't know if that's a compliment of not."

"I'd take it as both," Mason said.

She shook her head at us. "Come down stairs, love birds," she said. "It's presents time."

I stood up then offered a hand to Mason.

He grasped my hand and allowed me to pull him up.

We followed after Kat. We were almost out of the room when she yelled, "Stop!"

Mason and I both stopped in our tracks.

Kat smiled and lifted her camera. "Mistletoe."

Mason and I glanced up.

Just as Kat had said there was a green leaf of mistletoe.

I glanced at Mason.

He put one hand on my cheek and leaned down with a slight smile on his lips.

Our lips met slowly.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I heard a camera flash.

I jumped away from Mason.

"This is totally going in the photo album," Kat said. She walked ahead of us. "Come on, I want you guys to see what I got you."

Mason and I stared at each other before we headed for the stairs.