Chapter 4: Denial

The pain was unbearable, she started started to black out. She felt two hands roughly grab her arms pulling her up. Whatever was holding on to her leg started to let go.

She was pulled out the water and was roughly thrown back on to their tiny rental boat. She gasped for breath as her family stared at her with shock.

Her dad, still holding on to her, shook her so she would look at him. "Audrey! What happened?" He asked.

"Something. Something grabbed my leg." Her step mother rolled her eyes while her dad gave her a confused look,

"Something grabbed your leg? Audrey there's nothing that big in these waters for it to grab your leg and pull you down."

"Dad! I know what happened. I can swim so something was pulling on me."

Her dad sighed moving over to the motor. "I think that's enough for today. Let's head back to the camp sight."

Audrey wrapped her arms around her self still shivering, but she wasn't cold anymore. What's going on? Ever since they got to the camp weird things have been happening, the wings, the person in the woods, the nightmare, and now this. She put her head in her hands.

She didn't know what to do, all this is happening and her parents don't even believe her.

Was she losing her mind? Maybe she was, was she imaging things? She looked at her leg, her pants were ripped where she felt something grab her. She lifted her ripped pants off and there was a burn mark, a straight think line around her leg. Her breath hitched, she wasn't crazy.

"Dad. Dad! Look, look." Her dad, looked away from the motor back at her. He gave control to her step-mom and went over to Audrey. She held her leg out waiting for him to respond. He looked at her leg with a confused look.

"What exactly am I looking at?" He questioned looking back at her.

"What-" she looked down to find her leg was no longer burning and her pants were patched up as if nothing happened. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for reading The Dying Crystal. Please vote and comment, it would mean the world to me. Love you!