Chapter 4

Drake was on the phone to Nicki as they read the fault in out stars together. They had just got to the point when Augustus and hazel were about to leave for Amsterdam. They finished the chapter they were reading before deciding to put the book away.

Nicki: brey

Drake: yes

Nicki: Okay.

He smiled at her using some of what they had read.

Drake: Okay.

She smiled on the other end of the phone and she could sense it.

Nicki: brey can we go for a drive

drake: we both know your mother would go crazy

Nicki: URGH !!! It's always about what my mother wants ! I can make my own decisions.

Drake: I'm sorry.

Nicki: whatever.

With that she hung up. Drake felt bad. He always felt bad after an argument between him and nicki. He always wanted for her to be happy rather than upset.

He sighed before getting up and putting his shoes and a hoody on. He took the keys to his car and let his mother know that he was leaving the house for a little bit. He got to his car and decided to let her know that he was on his way.

I'll be there in 5 minutes. Be ready 💕 -BigBro

-

After receiving the text from drake nicki was instantly up and getting ready. When she was done she went into her mothers room who was sat watching TV.

Carol: nicki, is everything okay

Nicki: everything's fine. I'm going out

Carol: no you are not young lady. You won't be gong anywhere at this time of night

Nicki had found that the best way to get what she wanted was to make her mother feel guilty.

Nicki: so what you want is for me to spend the last 9 months of my life locked up in this house with you. Having some so called mother daughter time.

Carol: that's not what I meant

Nicki: well what did you mean because it seems you dot even give me freedom anymore. I have to spend all my time under your nose making sure you know my every move

Carol: well what do you want me to do

Nicki: give me some space. I'm 18 and yet you're treating me like I'm 5. Give me some time to be alone some time with my friends where I don't have to worry about you being on my case. Why is that so hard for you

Carol: because I'm scared nicki. I'm scared about what the future holds for me. My only child is being take away from me in less than a year and there's nothing I can do.

At this point nicki was crying and carol was tearing up.

Nicki: if you're scared how do you think I feel. I'm the one loosing my life. I'm the one who had no future ahead of me. My life is a time bomb right now and I could blow any minute. Why can't you just let me live what I have left of my life the way I want to. I more scared than you will ever be.

Carol: it's not the same

Nicki: of course it's not the same. I'm in a worse position than you

Carol: you're not going out

Nicki: oh yeah. Watch me

At this point she was an emotional wreck. She grabbed her phone and overnight bag and headed out the house slamming the door in the process.