Chapter 10

Nicki woke up to soft kisses being placed in the crook of her neck. She felt Drakes arms still wrapped securely around her. Her eyes fluttered open and soon adjusted to the daylight.

Drake: Good Morning beautiful

Just the sound of his voice so close to her made her feel safe. She enjoyed the feeling of waking up with him so close to her, and the way he made sure to keep hold of her all night always brought a sense of ease upon her. She could tell that if it wasn't for the fact that she would soon be taken away from him, they would probably last forever.

Nicki: Morning Babe

Drake: Sleep well

Nicki: Indeed. and yourself.

Drake: Very well thank you

She relaxed more into him as he took her hand into his and interlocked their fingers. They both lived for moments like these that they just got to spend together with no interruptions.

Drake: London eye today

Nicki: I know and I'm soo excited.

He chuckled at her excitement. He found himself falling more and more for her as the days went on. Everyday he would discover a part of her that he had missed the previous day and it would only draw him closer to him. It annoyed him to think it had taken them soo long to find something that was right in front of them both however now that he had her, he wasn't going to let her go, ever though he knew she wouldn't be with him for any longer that 5 months.

They had both been silent for a little while now and Nicki knew exactly where it was all leading. It seemed whenever they had these long silences it would only lead Drake to think, something that would always leave him in tears. Nothing hurt her more than to see him in such a state, and the fact that she caused it didn't make her feel any better. She heard a sniffle before he gradually released her hands and slipped out of bed leaving her on her own.

Nicki: Brey stop

he stopped in his tracks and she got out of bed following him. She stood in front of him and took his hands into hers. He refused to make eye contact with her but she wouldn't allow it.

Nicki: look at me

She could see the tears in his eyes fighting to escape. She wrapped her arms around him and he rested his head on her shoulder.

Nicki: Its Okay

She could feel the tears sinking into her jumper and it was like all the pain he felt was slowly being passed onto her. she failed to contain her own tears as she held him close to her.

Nicki: Its okay Brey.

Drake: but its not. I can't live without you nic and what we have is shorter than we realise.

Nicki: I know, but we can't keep thinking about that. we need to think about what's happening now and not in 5 months time.

He broke down in tears and she just held him with her arms wrapped securely around him until he gradually found the strength to put his arms around her.

Nicki: we're gonna be okay

Drake: But nic

Nicki: shhhhh, we're gonna be fine.

Drake: I love you

Nicki: I love you more

it was only 5 months and the fact that both if them now feared what would happen after those 5 months that made it worse. As much as Nicki wanted to hug him and kiss him and tell him that she would be there forever she couldn't, but what she could tell him is that she would always love him and that is something she could promise him would never leave him, whatever the matter.

She wiped her tears before looking at him and wiping his. He just watched her, taking in all of her beauty as she stood before him.

Drake: We're gonna be okay

-

Nicki and Drake had just got onto the London eye and were in a Pod as just the two of them. They stood and took in the beauties of the city as they were gradually taken up to admire the view. Nicki stood near the edge of the Pod with  her hands gently resting against the glass. Drake walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her resting his head on her shoulder.

Nicki: look Brey... London

Drake: Amazing isn't it

Nicki: It looks beautiful from up here.

Drake: it does.

The observed all the traffic and all the busy streets as they stood as just the two of the them. They took in the many details of the city that they wouldn't be able to see if they stood and watched from above. Drake reached into his pocket and pulled out the little box. He opened it before holding it out just in front of her.

Nicki: What's this

Drake: its a promise ring. My Promise to always love you forever. My Promise to never let you go, no matter what. My Promise to always be your Aubrey as You are my Onika.

Nicki just smiled as she looked at the beautiful diamond ring in front of her. It was the one She had shown to him when they had gone shopping together. It was the one she wanted as her wedding or engagement ring but being her current situation she knew that she would never get the chance to own the ring so it was just another thing on her list that she never found herself completing.

Nicki: Brey you didn't have to.

Drake: I wanted to.

He took her left hand and gently placed the ring on her ring finger. it fit perfectly and glimmered brightly just like the smile now on Nickis face. Drake placed a kiss on her cheek just by her dimple and she took his hand into hers, interlocking their fingers in the process.

-

Nicki and Drake now walked along the streets of London. The dark grey clouds had now taken over the once blue sky.

Drake: Looks like its gonna rain

Nicki: You don't say

Nicki had already picked up the accent and was now working on the dialect.

Drake: you did not pick up an accent

Nickis: why yes indeed my love I did, however I still haven't seen much people drinking tea

Drake: that's because you're stereotyping.

Nicki: well I'm sorry sir but its only what I was expecting to see

He just chuckled. They had now arrived at a small park that was quite isolated, most likely because of the change in weather. They sat on the swings and held hands as they just swung together. Nicki just sat once again admiring her new ring. She'd wanted that specific ring for about 3 years now and the fact that it was finally hers made her beyond happy.

Drake: do you like it

Nicki: I love it

She stood up and pulled him up with her. He took her hand into his as he leaned down and kissed her. She returned the kiss. it was long before they heard thunder and just as expected rain followed. They both chuckled at the fact that they were getting completely soaked.

Drake: I think k we might wanna head back.

Nicki: I wanna dance

He watched as she took off the jacket she was wearing and set up her phone to play music where it would be protected by her jacket. He watched as she enjoyed herself in the rain; a huge smile on her face as she Danced around the park. Seeing her happy made him happy and there was nothing better for him to see than her smile...

--------------------

Writing this story never fails to make me cry. either way I love it. 5 comments and sorry for the lack of updates but as I may have said I have been incredibly busy lately with school. I'll try my best to keep up with the updates but I don't make any promises. until next time...

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X