02. Wizard of Waverly Place

Loki's green eyes glinted, flitting across the room, taking in every bit of his surrounding, mind no doubt whirring with possibilities, plans he could cook up, opportunities of escape, his smile sending warning signs across Naz's head but looking at his present condition, she felt something akin to pity instead.

Sure he was standing with his head held high, regal shoulders and effortless stance but all she could see was his battered form. Not only were his wrists firmly handcuffed in some custom made gizmo Tony had made, his face was covered with bruises. Sporting black eyes, scarred cheek and split lip, he could have easily been the star of some underground boxing ring with his blood-covered clothes.

A part of Naz wanted to jump forward and ask him whether he needed some antiseptic and cotton, whether there was any way she could help with the pain. Whatever had happened to Loki during his kidnap had certainly been enough to break him and while he was trying to hide under his royal jerk exterior, his armour was cracked and anyone with enough of perception could see it.

"Look here, Odinson," he sneered at Thor, "if you think I am going to dwell in this," he looked around dramatically, "dump with an annoying human, you are deeply and gravely mistaken."

"You know, Rudolph, humans are kind of everywhere on Earth?" Tony said. "I don't know how you missed it the last time you visited. Oh that's right, you thought we were ants beneath your boot."

Loki's smile faltered for the merest of seconds and his eyes flitted towards Naz before he shrugged airily and walked towards the couch. He limped slightly and lost his balance as his right leg seemed to give way, prompting Thor to race forward and put an arm around his shoulders to support him.

Loki pushed him away, "I don't need your help."

"Brother, please, you are wounded," Thor said, caught between concern and sadness.

"I heal easily and I will never need your help, Odinson," he replied venomously.

"Ugh, family drama," Tony muttered to Naz, "I'd better leave before it intensifies. I'm all for some romcom but their vibe kills all my vibe so I'll see you in a week. Have fun."

"A week!?" she repeated. Looking at Loki and Thor, she dragged Tony aside and whispered, "You said, the weekend earlier."

Tony winked and kissed her cheek, "I hate how perceptive you are. Just take care, okay? If I had it my way, we would be wrapped with the leak flushed and forgotten but when do things ever go my way?"

"Fine," Naz replied with an irritated shrug. "You better come by for a talk after everything is over."

Steve mumbled in the background, "Don't agree to everything he says. He already has a big head."