Chapter 3

December 19

The next few days quickly passed. I didn't do much during that time, except for anticipating hanging out with Evan that Tuesday.

I can't wait! Wh-why am I so excited?

I felt my face beginning to blush at the thought of spending time with him. I could feel a warm feeling in my heart thinking about it.

This feeling...

I couldn't figure out what that feeling was. I hadn't experienced a feeling like that before. Was I just really excited? Was it lust? Or, maybe it could be love. I had little crushes when I was younger, but they never gave me this feeling.

It must be love.

I laid down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. I was deep in thought, wondering what I should do with these newfound feelings. I wondered how would I even go about present my feelings to him? I was so scared of rejection I didn't know what to do. I also feared jeopardizing our current friendship. He was such a great friend, telling him how I feel might ruin it forever. I didn't want that.

I huffed, the leaning over nervously in bed. I couldn't sleep. It felt impossible with all those thoughts running through my mind. I felt like I was going insane as I laid there.

"Stop it, (y/n)," I scolded myself, "Just think of something else. Anything else."

I sat up, knowing if I didn't do something to get my mind off of that whole situation I would never get sleep. I went into the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. I then went downstairs add grabbed a glass of water. I sat at the dinner table in silence in the dark kitchen.

"What am I going to do? I feel like I'm losing my mind," I put my hand on my forehead. I turned to look out the window. Over the past few days, some of the snow had started to melt away. I still couldn't see the grass underneath, but there wasn't as much as there was on Saturday. The snow shimmered in the dim light provided by the moon. All the snow that blanketed the tree branches appeared like it was glowing against the dark trees. The scenery was beautiful, but I was too focused on other things to be able to appreciate it.

I finished up and put my glass in the sink. Slowly, I trudged upstairs and laid back down on my bed. It took a while, but once I let my mind wander I was able to fall asleep.