Chapter XI

Malcolm's POV

We walked through town according to Nevaeh's directions. She kept stuttering and running her hands up and down her arms.
  "You ok?" Noah asked her through a mouthful of chips.
  "Will you finish chewing before speaking?" She asked. Callie and I laughed. "But I'm fine." She said.
  "I like her." Callie said through laughs.
"You really don't look fine though." Noah said.
"Just worried. I'll be ok." She whispered.
"Whacha worrying about?" Callie asked her.
"Most of my sibling joined Typhon. Being that I left, they'll probably want revenge. And boy are they good at that. Mom's gifted all of us, you know. There's one who's about eight, but she could get to people better than most of my siblings." She told us.
  "We'll help you. I mean, Callie's awesome with a dagger, Malcolm can outsmart anyone, and I guess I'm a pretty good healer." Noah said.
  "The best healer I've ever met." Callie said.
  "It's kinda hard to stop my siblings. They all have different fighting strategies, and most had been training for years." She told us.
"Well, you've got to know some strategies, you've been with them right?"
  "You're an idiot." Someone snorted from behind me.
  "Avery." Nevaeh whispered.
  "Have you not learned my first name?" The tall boy asked. He towered over us, when dark hair and bags under his big, brown eyes. He was ghostly pale.
  "I know you're first name, Colin. I just like calling you Avery. Shows that you're not as manly as you act." She said, a smirk on her face. It reminded me of a smirk I see a lot, Callie's, and Percy's the same.
  "You'll regret that." He snarled, charging at her with the sword.
  "Leave her alone!" I snapped at him, jumping in front of her and swinging my katana in front of my chest. It caught his sword, blade on blade. He then kicked me aside. Hard. I fell on my butt, hitting the concrete. I looked up at Nevaeh as Callie jogged over to see if I was ok. But I kept my eyes on Nevaeh, so Callie turned to look too. She stood there, eyes closed, holding her hands in a claw shaped form, making it look like a circle. Suddenly, Avery was lifted off the ground, moving up further and further, and was thrown into a brick wall. He slumped down, and Nevaeh walked over. Probably, for the first time in her life, she towered over him.
  "Don't you ever hurt my friends." She growled at him. Despite how nice she was to us, she was incredibly scary at the moment. Callie had helped me up, and we were standing by Noah.
"That's the first time you've had friends for me to hurt huh?" He snarled. She kicked him in stomach, turned to walk away, she spun around to look at him.
"Where are the others?" She whispered. He didn't reply, so she kicked him again. "I know they're here, you never fought alone. You were too much of a coward to do so."
"I'll never tell." He said. She walked back to us.
"We need to stay together. There can't be many of them. He only trusted a few people. As you can tell, I wasn't one." She told us.
"You're pretty awesome." Callie said, gaping at her. "How'd you do that-that air thingy?"
"Yeah, we're in 'the land beyond the gods.' We can't do anything." Noah told her.
"My moms forgotten. She has her way of getting around, and most gods are too scared to mess with her, cause, you know, the revenge stuff. I can't do much. It's just, when I get really mad at someone, and want, just like my mother, revenge, I can make bad things happen to that someone. Like, in this case, flying into brick walls." She replied.
  "So, all kids of Nemesis can do that?" I asked.
  "Oh gods no." Said someone in the alley we were walking through.
  "Run." Nevaeh whispered to us. More and more showed up.
  "Never." Callie answered back. That's one thing that makes Callie special. She might do some stupid things, but she was one of the most loyal people you would ever meet.
"Aw, is the little daughter of Poseidon going to protect someone? Going to sacrifice her precious soul?" An older girl mocked me.
"Maybe that's a problem with you. You think you can't sacrifice yourself. You're selfish. No wonder Nevaeh didn't want to stay with you; she actually has a purpose in her life, and she knows she does." Noah snarled.
"Then why didn't you jumped in front of her, blondie?" He asked him.
"Cause I just took care of your partner." Noah spat back at him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Callie look back, and, with a surprised look on her face, whispered "nice." To Noah.
"Oh she's not the only one." The other girl said. It seemed as though the other people had waited for this moment, as they dropped from roof tops and crowded around both ends of the ally. Noah, Callie, and I took our normal fighting stance, our shoulders touching, our backs forming a triangle. But this time Nevaeh had followed our movements, and all of our backs formed a square, because we had a new price shoulder to shoulder with Callie and me. I found it funny just how well Callie and Noah fought together. They were in perfect sinc, blocking for each other, defending themselves, reaching over to fight someone if there's two on one of them. They were the definition of best friends. Or what I thought it was. I looked around at the closing in people on Nevaeh and me, as they had already clambered Noah and Callie.
"I want her." Nevaeh said, pointing at the one that was first there, taunting Callie.
"And I want you, dear twin." She said, and charged at Nevaeh. But I could no longer pay attention to her, as I had my own people to fight. There was one charging at me, yet he only looked my age. He was swinging a sword, trying to hit me, but I had blocked most of them. The square that our backs made was becoming larger as we spread out. The boy that was trying to hit finally just ran towards me, instead of staying back. His sword hit my katana, and again I was blade to blade with another person. I stared at him.
  "You don't know who I am?" He asked.
  "You think the confused looks and blank stares would have answered that for you." I said back.
  "You don't remember me saving you from that tree when you first got to camp? I guess no one remembers the minors anymore. Don't worry, soon everyone will know us. And you and your little gang will be history." He spat. Then I noticed the thin scar running down his face, and the dark brown eyes.
  "Nolan." I whispered.
  "You finally noticed. After all those times I helped you. Was finding you in that barn just a coincidence? No help at all? You could have done all of that by yourself at age seven? Gotten yourself to camp?"
  "You made some bad decisions. Please, just come back to camp." I begged him.
  "Why, so my dad can ignore me again? You think he would have learned with Luke. No worries though. I will avenge him."
  "You sound like you're quoting Star Wars." I told him, and we started battling. He never got a hit on me, and we swung our swords in defense and offense. He had left, and I though I defeated him. But moments later, I was proven wrong. He grabbed my hair from behind and slammed me into a wall, then placed his sword against my throat.
  "So this is how it ends huh? I helped you when you first got to camp, and now I'll kill you. Funny, itn't it? He said. I stood there for a moment, thinking, and he smiled. I figured out what I wanted to do, and I kicked him in the groin. He fell, the sword falling from my throat with him.
  "We both knew that wasn't how it was going to end." I told him. I battled several more people until everyone was on the ground. Callie and Noah were high-fiving and laughing, yet Nevaeh was squatting over one of the bodies. I walked over to see what she was doing.
  "Hey" I said to her. "What's wrong?" I looked down at the body. It had the same mocha colored skin, thin lips, and upturned nose.
  "Twins." I said. "Nevaeh I didn't know–"
  "No one did." She said, pulling a bracelet off the body and putting it on her wrist. "I ran away before I knew I was a demigod. When I got to Typhon's lair, she was there. Turned out, when I was claimed, so was she, and right in front of my dad too. He kicked her out, because she was 'a monster.' My dad gave her this bracelet." Noah and Callie had came over.
  "Come on." Noah said. "Let's ditch this monster filled hell hole."

A/N
Heyyyyyy guys. So, honestly, I hate writing in this POV. But I guess this worked out ok. Hope you like it.
Vote
Comment
Later!😛💕