Chapter XII

Callie's POV

  It was night, and Nevaeh was talking to me.
  "I didn't know you had a twin." I whispered.
  "It's cool." She whispered. We were whispering because Noah and Malcolm were trying to sleep, but we just couldn't. It was kinda fun to have another girl around. "She's a pain anyway."
  "My brother's being a pain too. He's such a–"
  "Seaweed brain?" She said. "Annabeth calls him that. I grew up with her, you know. She's always been super smart. I guess your brothers nickname fits her well. Weren't you fighting with her little brother?"
  "Nah. The boy that was talking to you when you approached your twin? That was her little brother, Malcolm. I fought beside Noah." I said.
  "Are you and him–"
  "No. Oh gods no. We're only twelve anyways. He's my best friend I guess." I brought my voice to a lower whisper. "Don't tell him I said that." She started laughing. Soon, we were trying to make sure we didn't wake Noah and Malcolm from our laughter.
  "We better get some sleep." She said through wheezes.
  "I guess." I said, and crawled over beside Noah.
  "Hey sunshine." I teased him, shaking him arm. He opened his eyes slightly, made a moaning sound that I took as "huh?"
  "Where's your jacket?" I asked him. He pulled it out from behind his head.
  "Here." He whispered.
  "Never mind." I whispered back. "You use it."
  "You sure?" He whispered back, and opened his eyes completely to look at me.
  "Positive." I said. He stuffed it behind his head, and I laid my head on his shoulder. Finally, I went to sleep.

  Wake up. Wake up you disaster of a girl! Someone yelled, and it showed the little girl in the chains and the dark red, velvet dress being released front the chains and dropped to the floor. She woke with a shock, a terrified fire dancing across her eyes.
  "Where are they?" The person asked.
  "I don't know." She whispered.
  "Where are they?" He boomed. She looked up at him, her eyes narrowing.
  "I told you I don't know!" She yelled. She screamed, and he laughed.
"And even if I did know." I heard her whisper. I saw once the girl once more, now with a bloody gash running down her thin face, as were tears leaking from her eyes. "I would never tell." I heard her scream again, and I woke up.

  "Noah." I whispered. I started shaking his arm, trying to wake him without waking the others. "Noah Springfield!"
  "Huh?" He said rather loudly. I popped him on the back of the head.
  "Why do you do–" he started to stay, but I covered his mouth.
  "Be quiet." I whisper to him.
  "Why'd you wake me up?" He whispered.  His eyes widened. "Are you ok?"
  "I'm fine, it's just I had a nightmare and–" my voice cracked. "They were torturing the little girl I keep seeing." He wrapped his arms around me.
  "I had a dream too. A nightmare, actually. But, it was the older girl. Someone was asking where–"
  "They were." I whispered, finishing his sentence. "But she wouldn't tell them where 'they' were."
"The older one was–Callie." His voice cracked. I looked up into those bright blue eyes that had first greeted me into camp. They had tears brimming in them. "It was Kat."
  "No." I whispered. I felt the tears swimming in my eyes. I broke out of his embrace that I forgot I was in.  "Noah, it can't be, please, please, tell me you're joking." I begged him. But he slowly shook his head, tears spilled from his eyes and onto his cheeks. I laid my head on his chest and cried with him. He wrapped his arms around me in another hug.
"Noah?" I whispered through sobs.
"Yeah Callie?" He whispered back, sniffling.
"What–what did they do to her?" I whispered even more quietly.
  "Torture Callie. Torture." His voice cracked, and it sounded as though it would kill him to continue.
  "Noah... Can you please tell me what happened to her?" I whispered gently.
  "She had cuts going down her arms and legs, and all over her face. She kept saying they were coming, and that the others would loose and–" his voice broke again– "Callie we're just kids, she's not supposed to be going through that." And he buried his face in my shoulder and cried silently. I wrapped him in a hug too, as he still had his arms around me. As we cried over our best friend, I noticed something. I lifted my head from beside his.
  "Noah." I said, a little more cheerful.
  "Huh?" He whispered.
  "We're 'they'! She knows we're coming! Noah, she has faith in us!" I laughed. His sad laugh suddenly got more cheerful as it floated through the air.
  "But wait. Who's the little girl? That you saw?"
  "Hestia." Said another, soft voice, that I knew wasn't Noah's. I jumped back to him, and he caught me.
  "Nevaeh?" Noah asked.
  "Noah." She said in a sarcastic tone.
  "I'm here too." Malcolm told us.
  "Same." I answered.
  "Were you listening in on us?" Noah asked.
  "Nah. But you two are really cute together. I ship it." We both gave her weird looks.
  "Again, Nevaeh, we're only twelve." I said.
  "So, what happened with you? Why are you talking about Hestia?" Noah asked.
  "That's the little girl." Nevaeh whispered. Noah, Malcolm, and My mouths fell open.
  "So, that's who they captured? But, why?" Malcolm asked.
  "Don't you get it? Fire powers. Typhon's power is water, as is Callie's father. That's why Poseidon could defeat Typhon, and now Callie will have to. If he gets fire powers, he will be 'unstoppable'"
  "We will get Kat back. And Hestia." I said. Slowly, it started to ran.
  "Here." Noah said, handing me his sweatshirt.
  "Thanks." I told him, and pulled it over my head.
  "Shipity ship." Nevaeh said. I rolled my eyes, looked over at Noah, and laughed. My hair was getting soaked, as was Noah's sweatshirt, but I didn't care. I was laughing with my best friend; and I found peace in the rain.

"We need to go." Noah whispered to me. I leaned back on the wall that we had fell asleep on.
"I'm not getting up." I whispered, smirking.
"Yes. Yes you are." He told me, a bright grin spreading across his face. He grabbed my hand to pull me up, but he couldn't.
  "How are you doing that?" He asked. "You're as skinny as a rail, so you're not heavy, but you're pretty dang strong!"
  "I told you. I'm not getting up." I said, smirking still.
  "And I told you you are." He replied, his grin broadening into a smile. Suddenly, he scooped me up, and put me on his back.
"I hate you." I told him stubbornly, trying to hide my smirk. He laughed at me, and looked at my face over his shoulder.
"You know you don't." He said, winking.
"Shut up. Yes I do." I told him. He laughed once more, and he walked over to Malcolm and Nevaeh were laughing.
  "We need to go." Noah said sternly.
  "And what crawled up your pants?" Nevaeh asked. I laughed at her comment, but stopped when Noah looked at me.
  "We do need to get going though." I said. "We're being easy targets."
  "Exactly why are you riding on Noah's back?" Malcolm asked me.
  "She wouldn't get up, so I carried her. This shows how much we have to go." Noah said.
"If I'm that heavy I'll get down." I told him.
"Eh. You're fine." He said.
"Good. Cause I wasn't getting down anyway." I told him. He laughed.
"You two belong together." Nevaeh said.
"12, again. We're best friends." I told her.
"Let's just go." Noah said.

"So how are we going to get to Mount Denali?" I asked. I was answered with silence.
  "There." Noah said, pointing at a rugged 18 wheeler.
  "What if it goes the wrong way?" I asked him. He looked back at me over his shoulder.
  "It won't." Malcolm said. "The company's location is North of here. That's where it's probably going."
  "Oh good!" Nevaeh said, and ran over to it. She, with the help of Malcolm, pushed up the back. Noah let me off his back. Nevaeh, then Malcolm, then Noah.
  "Here." Noah said, throwing out a hand to help me up.
  "I'm fine." I said, getting up by myself.
  "Says the girl just rode on my back for 20 minutes." He said, grinning.
  "I didn't say I wasn't lazy." I told him, smirking once again.
  "Once again says the girl who can take down six monsters at one time." He said.
  "Lazy at choice." I grinned, sitting down beside him. After a while, the truck started.
  "Here we go." Noah said.

A/N
Ok, so here's a lil filler chapter for ya! I write this in one day, so if there's mistakes, just comment.
  Vote
  Comment
  Later!💕😛