two

SKY

We checked in and walked around town, looking at the different places we had written about. Kim pointed out different places and their history, as she had been here plenty of times before me. It was so special, being in a place I had pictured about and written about. We walked around and got a bite to eat at one of the restaurants in main street.

When Kim was in the restroom, I dug inside my purse and brought out the ID's. The really fake ID's I had gotten for the both of us. According to the shinny ID in my hand, my name was Violet Harrison and I was born on February 25, 1995. Kim's new name was Penelope Emerson, born October 9, 1995.

When she came back, I stuffed the ID's back in my purse, innocently smiling at her as I bat my lashes. She looked at me strangely for fumbling and putting what I'd been looking at away so quickly.

"Looking for more compromising MJ pictures?" She asked me. Compromising? Please, I wouldn't do something so silly in public. Laughing, I smiled and said nothing else, but looped my arm with hers and walked out of the restaurant.

I pointed to the building in front of us. "Hotel Connor," I stated, reading the sign. "Do they sell booze?" Skyler here, always asking the important questions and thinking of herself in third person.

"Uh, yeah," Kim flatly replied. "But do you see all of those bikers lined up? It's a bar. The rooms are upstairs." I smiled, perfect. Perfect for my little plan, mwahaha...

"Come on, Kim."

"We can't drink."

"Yeah, but have you ever been inside? It's an old building, right? Come on let's take a look," I said. Placing her hands on her hips, she stood still, watching me and trying to suppress a grin. Obviously she knew what I was up to.

All I could do was cross my fingers and hope that she would go along with it. Finally, she rolled her eyes and nodded towards the hotel. I couldn't help but clap my hands in excitement when she walked along with me, crossing the street and standing outside the bar. She peeked inside and nodded.

"Okay, all good." Her hand pushed the door, shutting it firmly before I could step inside. "What is that?" Kim pointed to the shinny ID's I had taken out.

I wiggled my eyebrows, deciding to be as blunt as possible. "We are going to get drunk tonight." 

"Why am I questioning this brilliant idea of yours?" Kim asked, laughter evident in her tone. I ignored her and dragged her along with me inside the bar and hotel. We presented our ID's and without another glance we were let inside. I felt a tiny bit like I had succeeded at an impossible mission.

"The heels did the trick," I told her. When Kim didn't reply, I dragged her along to the bar and sat her down at one of the bar stools. Quickly, I ordered for us and payed the bartender. "Try this one first." One hand wrapped around one glass, one hand pushed the other glass towards her.

Hesitantly, she brought it up to her lips and smelled the brown liquid.  "What is this?"

"Chug it down," I instructed. She let out a small sigh and did as instructed, coughing up and turning pink a few seconds later.

"It takes a few times to get used to it. Soon you won't taste anything!"

"I'm beginning to think you're a bad influence on me," she told me. But there was a hint of a smile on her lips.

"Consider me a helpful guide into the world of adults. Don't look at me like that! If you really don't like it, we don't have to drink." I smiled at her honestly, trying to ease her nerves. "We can leave whenever you're ready bro."

She gulped down the alcohol, before shuddering and pushing the glass away. "The world of adults? I finished high school before you did," she reminded me.

Pssht, that meant nothing.

"I'm older than you," I replied defensively. A new shot was delivered and I held the glass up, tapping it against hers. "Cheers!"

...

"What are we doing outside?" My words fell out of my mouth without a second thought, sounding slurred and heavy. I couldn't remember what was so funny, but I giggled along with Kim, hanging on her arm as I tried to contain the laughter.

"You said you wanted to leave, remember?" Lurching to the side, she struggled to maintain her balance as the sound of her own laughter rang throughout the night air.

"Where's the car?" I wasn't driving. I was sane enough to know that, at that moment, I was incapable of driving. But my hands began to pat down my pockets, already in search of my keys.

"Not here," Kim mumbled, pulling me along beside her. "We walked here."

I let out an irritated groan, my feet aching from the hours spent in heels. My body ached, my stomach churned, I was exhausted. Never. Going Out. Again.

Every few yards I would come back around, realizing I was in a different spot than I was moments before. Conversation had ceased, leaving only silence and the occasional giggle from me or Kim.

But then I gasped in delight, my mind trying to figure out why I was so happy. "Kim! Look! Do you think Harry is in there?"

Good old Harry Styles, the antagonist of our first written story. And the abandoned house beside of us looked perfect for him. The small building was crumbling to pieces, it's shingles falling off, the paint chipping away, the windows busted in. A perfect place for our fictional cult.

And I was no novice at investigating. I considered myself quite an expert at it actually. Okay, so I only snuck into an abandoned house once before but it was still one more time than Kim!

I walked towards the building and for once, instead of protesting, Kim was behind me. Soon we were peeking inside the windows letting out giggles. It looked dark inside but there was no one there, except for a two crawling rats I saw fighting over a piece of bread. This was perfect.

"Ohmygod," I giggled. "Harry is totally in there."

"Boooi, I know he is!"

"You said boooi!"

"Booooi!" Kim said. "I didn't know it felt this happy to be drunk."

I took a deep breath and took a step forward. I knocked once, just in case. Because knocking was appropriate. I waited for a second but there was no reply. I pushed the door softly and it opened with a creak. Kim clapped her hands in delight and took the first step inside. For a moment I thought of my comfortable and warm room back in the hotel. But this was so much more exciting!

We were living like our characters!

"I feel so emotional," I said. I reached out in the darkness, trying not to lose Kim. She reached out back, clasping my hand.

"Don't cry," she said. She patted my head, hugging me. "Please don't cry."

"But I'm right here. We are right here, the place we wrote about! And you are right here! Kim, ohmygod! After so long!"

Kim touched her forehead. "So many exclamation points are hurting my head."

Typical Kim, I rolled my eyes. Didn't she get excited by anything?

"Kim I--" I said before I felt a sharp blow to the back of my head.

And then, all I saw was darkness.