「 XI ; asylum 」

ELEVEN ; ASYLUM

─────

     ELEANOR, TARON, ROBBIE, AND RAY draw closer to a hill a few hundred yards away, Taron more or less recovered from the odd sensations he felt toward Eleanor.

Army trucks are stationed on the hill and gunfire is heard on the other side. Flashes of light from explosions briefly illuminate the night sky like a sick fireworks show. Instead of continuing along the path, Robbie begins to walk faster toward the commotion beyond the hill.

"Robbie, slow down," Eleanor says. Both hers and Taron's smiles have faded. Robbie doesn't listen as he watches army trucks driving up the hill; in fact, he begins jogging along the fence line toward the trucks' destination. Ray, Eleanor, and Taron try to keep up with him.

"Robbie, we gotta stay together," Ray tells him. Drawing closer to the army trucks, Robbie begins to run. "Robbie, stay together!" Ray shouts.

Eleanor, Taron, and Ray duck as a missile passes extremely close to their heads. Eleanor covers her ears as she looks up, finding more jets speeding by overhead.

"Get back here!" Ray shouts, running after Robbie, who has begun to sprint up the hill.

"Robbie, come back!" Eleanor yells. She and Taron have broken into a run to follow him.

Ray turns around, pointing to a tree that Eleanor and Taron are about to run by, and shouts, "You two, don't move. For God's sake, stay there — I'll come right back!"

Ray waits a split second to be sure that Taron or Eleanor don't plan to run after him before he sprints up the hill to Robbie, who is being held back by two soldiers.

Eleanor and Taron wait by the tree, both of them staring anxiously. Eleanor grips onto Taron's sleeve; she fears that he might run after Robbie, too, thus leaving her alone.

Further on the hill, Ray grabs the back of Robbie's jacket and pins him on the ground.

"Why are you doing this?" Ray shouts at his son, who is fighting to get back up. Robbie ignores him as he stares at the battle not far away; the soldiers are firing everything they have at tripods over the hill.

Fed up, Ray grabs Robbie's shoulders and flips him onto his back, holding his shoulders to the ground. The action causes Robbie to calm down.

"Listen to me!" Ray shouts. "Don't do this."

"I need to be here! I need to see this!" Robbie screams.

"I know it seems like you have to, but you don't!"

"Please let me go!"

Eleanor hugs Taron's arm, for she can see that she might lose her brother in a few moment's time.