sunday

most sundays are alike in the nikiforov-katsuki household.

+

sunlight wraps around viktor like a loose hug when he slowly opens his eyes, spreading yellow light throughout the room like butter on bread, which is certainly something viktor thinks he could go for at this moment as his stomach growls.

the room comes to life, the heating making the vent above the bed rattle. makkachin makes a small noise whilst dreaming about something. probably food, you rotten dog, viktor thinks quite affectionately.

the sheets, bathed in slivers of golden light rustle a bit as viktor props himself up on his pillow by his elbow, yawning loudly. makkachin huffs.

then, there's another yawn, quiet but endearing. yuuri is yawning now, his eyes not opening even a bit. viktor watches as his mouth closes slowly and he resumes a very peaceful sleep.

viktor can't help but notice how warm he is and looks at his heaters affectionately, yuuri and makkachin, his two very favorites.

viktor thinks with a sigh about getting up, about leaving this warmth, about leaving this comfort.

"viktor!! yuuri!" hisses a voice quietly outside of the door. yurio.

viktor dramatically rolls his eyes, flops back down momentarily, receiving a hum from yuuri and a small whimper from makkachin.

"viktor, i know you're awake in there," yurio says rather loudly and viktor has to contain a large, loud groan.

he rolls off of the bed, his haven of comfort, warmth and opens the door to reveal a cranky looking yurio. he rolls his eyes. "it's already past noon, and katsudon is still asleep? what a pig," he snorts, turning on his heel. his words are missing their old bite.

"eventful night. he's tired," viktor says in response, yurio sticking out his tongue in disgust.

"that's gross, i don't care to know," yurio says, and this time he means it.

they walk to the kitchen, yurio leaning against the countertop while viktor makes coffee, engaging in simple conversation.

"are you kidding? i'm not going anywhere with you guys tonight, it's too damn cold," yurio says in response to viktor's mention of them all going out to eat later tonight.

it had been two short years since yurio moved in with viktor and yuuri, receiving coaching under primarily viktor but sometimes yuuri, who's regular job at the ice castle kept him relatively busy.

on weekends yuuri didn't work but instead either helped around the house or helped with coaching yurio, was a job he and viktor tended to around the clock.

it had worked out with him living with them.

not too much longer after yurio's refusal of an outing, yuuri came into the kitchen with makkachin at his dragging heels. "morning," he manages to mumble to the both of them, stopping to plant a messy kiss on viktor's jaw and ruffling yurio's mop of yellow hair while he makes fake gagging sounds.

"i forgot my glasses," yuuri mumbles, turning around and trudging back to the bedroom, makkachin still happily following him.

"i thought you were the forgetful one," yurio snorts as they watch yuuri slowly walk away.

viktor chuckles wholeheartedly and nudges yurio. "so did i. lunch?" he asks, already bending down to get some pans.

+

short fluffy thing feat the trio because i'm lately obsessed with their little "family".

viktor and yuuri are so married lol.