Carousel

After the "incident", since my brother was old enough, he took care of me on his own instead of us being in a foster home.

I would prefer the fucking foster home.

He was terrible at taking care of me. I had to do everything for myself. He was always to busy smoking pot with his friends. He acted like he didn't even care that our father was murdered by our mother, which is now in prison.
Anyway, a year after that, when I was 13, I decited to go for a walk to the park. There wasn't many people there. Only boy that looked about my age that sat on a swing reading a book. He was blonde with bright blue eyes.

To be honest, hes quite attractive as well.....

Wait....

No...

Could I actually like this boy?
No, no, lets not jump to any conclusion's here.

Even if I do like him, he wouldn't like me.

Im a troubled crybaby, that still dresses like a 5 year old. Face it, crybaby. NO ONE likes you.

I finally snapped back into reality to realize he was standing right in front of me.
"Oh, hi! Um, do you want anything, or?" I said. Damn my awkwardness.
"Oh! No, I just wanted to say I like your hair!" the boy said. My hair was died half blue and half black.
"Um, thank you!" I smiled.
"Im Evan." he said.
"Im crybaby." I replied. Evan looked at me, confused.
"Oh, uh my real name is Melanie. Everyone calls me crybaby though.." I explained.
"Oh! Okay." Evan said, smiling. I smiled back.
~~~~~~~~~~~3 months later~~~~~
Its been 3 months since Evan and me have been friends. And I finally realized,that I do like him.
Love him, even.
Loving him is like being on a never ending carousel. I can't get off. I don't want to get off. I never do. That day, I was hanging at his house with him. We suddenly ran out of things to talk about and silence fell across the room. He then cleared his throat.
"Crybaby, I've only known you for about 3 months but, I uh, I really like you and I uh, uhm,."
He started stuttering. I didn't know what My brain was thinking, so I leaned forward and kissed him softly. He started blushing like mad.
"So uh does that mean you like me too?" Evan said. I giggled and nodded.
"Does that mean were uh, uhm, dating?" he stuttered. I blushed.
"Uh, if you want." I said twiddling my thumbs. I looked up at him.
"Id like that." he whispered.
He kissed me on the cheek and we both blushed. After that day, we started dating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                   -Izzy