Chap:18~My Queen

I was in grade fifth when i saw her for the first time.She came to our mathematics class and our teacher introduced her as Virginia Curtis.She had long blonde hair that almost touched her knees and they were so much tangled.I wondered how she combs them,must be really exhausting job.She was very shy and very messy.Her books were falling out of her bag and she came without lunch.I saw her sitting in the cafeteria,staring and drooling at other kid's lunch.When she looked away i put my sandwich before her.She did not care to look around and thank that person,instead she devoured it.

After that i saw her everyday.She was very shy and a complete mess.I liked her so much that i started collecting her long hair that used to fall on her desks.I used to play with them in my room.i made a doll out of them. I was a creep you can say but hey,  I was kid. I hid that doll under my pillow for years and then lost it when my parents moved the house.

I saw her growing for years but i could never muster up courage to talk to her.I was a shy and aloof kid.Before i could manage to speak to her,she became friends with very popular girls and she became this diva that scared everyone including me.I decided to keep my distance.Then she started wearing weird skinny jeans and tee shirts that barely covered her tummy.She always create trouble.But everyone liked her.The liked her for all the wrong reasons.They did not know her and they could not see her true self.I liked her for who she really was.

Things took a weird turn and she scammed me to win some stupid bet.It hurt me so much but i moved on.But fate had bigger plans for us.She got pregnant and gave birth to my son,Noah.

Noah was a miracle child.He was born without any heartbeat and he remained like that for almost half an hour.I was taking him home and weeping over his body when suddenly he started weeping.I kept this secret.My parents even made a fake grave of my son.

Noah was shown adopted in papers though he was my biological son.But i was scared to share his custody with Virginia.My parents made up a story about finding Noah in some jungle and luckily people believed it.

When i went to college ,i was a father to one year old.I took him to my apartment and cared for him.I had nannies but i can say that i brought up him all by myself.When boys were sitting around the bonfire and drinking the beer,Noah was sleeping in my lap.When my friends were drinking and losing themselves to drugs,i had to come home early as Noah's nanny could stay until ten only.I was a single dad,my parents were more than happy to take care of Noah but i decided to keep him with me.They even offered me to adopt him as parents but i was his father and i decided to take care of him myself.

I loved Noah,he was the center of my universe and he had Virginia's eyes. Whenever her looked at me,he reminded me of her and i could never forget her for even a moment.She was always there in the background,staring at me from her steel blur eyes.

Noah asked me about his mother and i could not lie that she is dead or something.I told her we broke up when he was young and when he grew up a little ,i told him about that night and bet.I told him that his mother is not a common woman,she is different and she had so many issues of her own.

Noah understood,he was the kid with a very old head on his shoulders.Once he asked me to see her and i took him to her house.We sat in the car and waited for her.She came back from her job from take away and she was so tired.I saw her exhausted and frustrated,walking on the footpath with no desire to reach home early.I shouldn't be feeling anything for her ,after all she had done to me,i was angry.But i felt a pang of pain in my heart.She came home and took her frustration out on her mother.She yelled at her and pulled her hair.Noah was astonished,he was accustomed to very mature and sober people like my parents and me.We never threw tantrums or got angry to that point but Noah saw her like that.

"I am glad i am with you instead of her"He told me that day in the car,when i was driving back from her house.I chuckled. After that Noah did not show any curiosity about her.But my mind was tangled and i could not go on like that.

I made a plan to avenge myself and i told Noah about that first who rolled his eyes up and shook his head disapprovingly.

"I will give her a job, a scholarship,it will make her life better but she will see me too and she will realize how stupid she was to use me like that"I put my argument.

"Dad,you want to help her because you are still in love with her.Stop making revenge an excuse"Noah said.

"No i am not.Its going to win win for everyone"

"Don't go near her again dad.I warn you,you will hurt yourself again"

"Do you want her to be happy and live a good life or not?"I asked Noah who could not say no.I told Noah and i knew my parents will hear the news soon.My mom called me first.I saw her number and picked it.

"Max,what did i heard?"

"How can i tell what you heard-"

"You will stay away from her"She almost shrieked on the phone.

"Mom-..."

"No,Max,No i say no.I can not approve of this at all.This is stupid"

"Ok"

"Just dont"

My dad called ten minutes later.It was a long call where i had to hear a very long story of some old man who made same mistake twice and as the result,died a painful death.I tried to play cool and agreed with everything he said.But i had decided out of rage or kindness,i don't know.But i brought her in my life again.

That day i was waiting for her to show up and i did not know how she will behave.I thought i will tell her that i have forgiven her and we can move on as employee and employer.But she came with dye and lenses and tried to play a stranger.Deep down i chuckled inside,she thought i did not know her real name,the name that fifth grader used to engrave mindlessly here and there.She had changed a lot,none could recognize her,our old school fellows showed up but none could recognize her.But i could recognize that face in millions.

I was dating Kathrine at that time and i saw Virginia staring at us most of the time.She had such a sad face,beautiful and sad face and i saw her becoming more and more sad.It made me miserable and Katherine dumped me,saying i was still in love with her.I told her i was not and i would do anything to make it work with her but she left me.

My parents and Noah advised me to stay away from her and i could see myself falling for her again and there was only one way to avoid it.Send her to some other branch of king's mobile but i did not sent her anywhere.I kept her in front of my eyes.I saw her everyday ,i tried not to but i did.I saw her closely,her life was a mess and i decided to help her.

And when i was helping her,trying to make her a better person i fell for her again. I was so stupid...No not for falling for her again but believing that i stopped loving her once.

But this time i saw her true self,i saw the fire that lit her days and night and i decided i will take her all or leave her.And i tried to convince her that she should give us a chance and more than that she should give herself a chance.