Restless Night

Mentions of blood, it ends at the normal text

Frank's P.O.V

"Frank, come down here!" I heard my mom yell. I scrunched my face up, this was unusual, my mom never normally called from downstairs. I pulled myself off my bed and walked down the stairs. She wasn't in the living room, probably the kitchen. I walked two footsteps in the kitchen when I saw them. They looked like body guards and they were holding my mom with a knife to her neck. My eyes widened at the sight.

"No! Don't hurt her!" I screamed as I ran over to her, one of the large men pushed me to the ground though. I looked up and saw my father staring down at me with a devilish grin. I scowled as I saw his features, it almost made me sick that we looked so similar. "Don't hurt her you monster." I said through my gritted teeth.

"Oh, I won't, they will though. If you want to stop it, just come with me, I'd take better care of you than her."

"No!" I said pushing past him. One of the men put the knife closer to my moms neck and I had to swallow the lump forming in my throat. I grabbed his arms and he slid the blade across my moms throat, and she fell to the ground. "No! Mom, no! You monster! Mom!" I cried as I knelt down to her limp body. I clutched her to my body as I cried. I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see the monster that killed my mom. I let her go and sat up from the ground running to my room. I bolted up the stairs, but as I reached the top, I was stopped and grabbed from every angle, I fought and fought, but I couldn't escape their grasp.

"Since you resisted, you pay." My father said quietly, the he pressed a gun to my head.

"No." I whimpered. I heard it click, then-

I woke up in a sweat, my body incredibly hot. I was breathing hard looking around my dark room. It was all a dream, a nightmare. Thank fucking God. I leaned forward, my face in my hands. I'd been having these dreams for a while, ever since I was fifteen. I don't even know why, my dad was never physically violent, so it made no sense. I normally don't even sleep, but I think crying so much made me pass out. I sat at the edge of my bed, my feet feeling the cold wood floors. I stood up, going over to my closet and pulled out a t-shirt, then going over to retrieve some sweatpants. I crept down the stairs, trying to be quiet so my mom wouldn't hear me. When I made it down the stairs I went to the kitchen, before I reached my destination, I yawned, and I was plunged into darkness for a few seconds, and I saw the bloodied kitchen floor with my deceased mother and my evil father. I quickly opened my eyes and caught my breath. I slowly took steps into the kitchen and saw a small light. I raised an eyebrow and continued walking. I then saw my mom at the counter, her laptop illuminating the dark, eerie kitchen. I cleared my throat and sat down on one of the island stools next to my mom. She looked up at me and quickly shut her laptop closed. I raised an eyebrow almost asking "what was that for?" I felt my heart break as I saw her features. She had dark circles and bags under he eyes and what seemed to change from her used to be permanent smile, to a permanent look of worry. I wanted to know what was making her stay up so late and not sleep. My curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't resist asking what was going on.

"What was so bad on the computer that I couldn't see?" I asked with a chuckle. My mom looked away, like she was ashamed. I felt bad for even asking now considering how sad she looked after my words. "Why don't you sleep anymore, mom?" I asked folding my arms and laying my head down on them.

"I don't know sweetie, don't worry about it though, I'm fine." The smile she gave me almost made me want to cry. It was the saddest attempt I've ever seen of a reassuring smile. "Why are you up so late-well, early I should say." I looked over at the clock and it was three twenty one. I shrugged, but answered her anyway.

"The nightmares again." I said, rubbing my eyes. My moms known about it for awhile now, so there was no point in trying to keep it from her. She got up and made the hand gesture for me to do the same, so I did. She wrapped her arms around my back and I mimicked her. It was really quite sad the way my mom acted, she wasn't herself, she was like an emotionless being who looked like my mom. I didn't depend on her, but I still need her, and I definitely miss her old self. Nevertheless, she's still my mom, and I still love her. "Why don't you sleep, I think you need it." I said as I guided her to the living room. I say her down on the couch with me and she looked at skeptically.

"I don't know Frankie." She sad biting her lip, a normal nervous trait we both possessed. I remember I had to stop doing it for a little while after I got my lip pierced, it was torture.

"Please? For me? I want you to sleep." I said with a huge fake smile. I heard her chuckle a little, and then I opened my eyes. She laid down and I picked up the blanket off the back of the couch and draped it over her.

"Be safe Frankie." Her words made me on edge. What would I need to be careful for? I nodded though and headed back upstairs to my room. I go back to my phone for probably the hundredth time today-or, yesterday? I have no clue. I sadly see I have no text or calls from Gerard, I just hope nothing's gone wrong, I mean, he's probably already boarded the plane, and obviously he couldn't text me on the plane because of airplane mode and everything. Shit, I worry too much. Just for the hell of it though, I sent him a text.

Frankie: Hope you have a safe flight ❤️.

I felt a surge of relief after sending that, I didn't want him to think that I was going to ignore him, he needs love and support from me, he's the one moving, not me. I discarded my shirt and sweatpants and climbed back into bed, hopeful I'd get at least another hour of sleep. I just want Gerard here to help me, I need him to help me.

Merry Christmas guys! <3